Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
86.5 Turbo
1,571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone have any experience with the grip force clutch and pressure plate?
There is one locally for sale but I have never heard of a supra running one. I saw the kit in person, its definitely not a stock pressure plate and the six puck disk looks kinda like the rps or spec3 disk.

·
DFWSupras
1,627 Posts
It's a Competition Clutch kit. You can see the "CC" stamped on the disk and can see the black paint under the poorly sprayed over blue paint.

·
Lurker
580 Posts
I'm also wondering about this clutch kit.. has anyone personally tried it? I'm very tempted to pick it up, but wanted some reviews before doing so. The price seems to be a lot lower than most of the other kits out there. I know most people say you get what you pay for.. but some people just knock on certain products because of the price without actually trying it. Anyone have any input? Here is a link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/F1-R...ewItemQQcategoryZ33730QQitemZ8073403742QQrdZ1

·
Registered
100 Posts
I also looked on gripforce.com for a clutch but decided to go with proclutch instead. The proclutch kits are in the same price range as gripforce ( $250-$350 ). I already got the clutch kit which looks good and you can tell my pressure plate is amde to handle the power. It goes in this w/e and i will let you know how it feels.

91 mk3 turbo 5 spd
bpu+ mods

·
I live in a giant bucket.
1,237 Posts
I have the gripforce six puck on my car with a fidanza flywheel, it chatters quite a bit, And the pedal feel is about the same as stock. I'm pretty sure it is a stock pressure plate, definitely not enough pressure for a six puck in my opinion. I won't buy one of these clutches ever again.

·
Lurker
580 Posts
britishguy60 said:
I also looked on gripforce.com for a clutch but decided to go with proclutch instead. The proclutch kits are in the same price range as gripforce ( $250-$350 ). I already got the clutch kit which looks good and you can tell my pressure plate is amde to handle the power. It goes in this w/e and i will let you know how it feels.

91 mk3 turbo 5 spd
bpu+ mods

Looks like I'll be staying away from the F1 Clutch Kit. Where did you purchase the Proclutch Kit, britishguy60? I'm looking to purchase a kit ASAP! What other clutch kits are pretty good for around the same price as the F1.. I'm willing to spend up to ~$400.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts