Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone who has the HKS full titanium exhaust measure their ground clearance, especially at the rear axle where I believe it hangs the lowest?

Is it really better in this respect than other exhausts? I need an actual measurement and also please mention if you have lowered your car.

Also I would like to know if the muffler itself hangs nice and high. My current exhaust, HKS Hiper Carbon, hangs too low I think, see pic below.

Flavio

·
4,417 Posts
Flavio,

At the lowest point I have 3.5" of clearance (near diff). At the tip of the exhaust there is 9.5" of clearance from the bottom of the tip to the ground. Your pic looks like there is too much space between the tip and your bumper. Mine has about 1.25" from the body to the tip (This was taken from the center of the factory exhaust cut-out).

Hope this helps... let me know if you need any other measurements.

By the way... my car has Eiback lowering springs and Koni shocks... so it does sit quite a bit lower than stock.

Jim

Flavio said:
Can someone who has the HKS full titanium exhaust measure their ground clearance, especially at the rear axle where I believe it hangs the lowest?

Is it really better in this respect than other exhausts? I need an actual measurement and also please mention if you have lowered your car.

Also I would like to know if the muffler itself hangs nice and high. My current exhaust, HKS Hiper Carbon, hangs too low I think, see pic below.

Flavio

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jim,

I have the same suspension setup as you do, so I can really compare the two cars. With the HKS Carbon it is impossible to get the tip to hang higher because then the pipe will hit the rear differential. HKS should have made the angle between the pipe and muffler a couple of degrees sharper.

My muffler at the farthest tip is 175mm (6.89") above the ground, the top of the muffler itself is 30mm (1.18") from the center of the rear bumper cutout. My ground clearance is 85mm (3,35").

My car is on winter tires at the moment and it sits a little than normal but that is only a couple of millimeters.

The ground clearance on my car is not that much lower than on your car so I am doubtful whether a HKS Titanium would solve this problem. I am now looking into the Veilside Titanium exhaust as another option.

Flavio

S

·
0 Posts
The lowest part of my titanium is 4 inches. I made a custom bracket to pull the exhaust up closer to the Diff.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts