·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where are, if any, the ECU & Chassis Grounds located?? TIA

·
T88 YOU
3,567 Posts
pcm is grounded right under the kick panel to the right, chassis grounds are scattered all throughout the engine compartment, theres even one on the oil filler tube support bracket of all places.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool manual...thanks.

I has happened twice where the car would die for no reason & when I tried to start it, the car would just crank forever & not start (no spark) I remove the plastic peice over the ecu, reset the battery & the car would be fine, WTF?? I'm thinking loose ground connection somewhere or stripped bolt on the ecu harness.

·
Read Only
367 Posts
Lance J said:
Cool manual...thanks.

I has happened twice where the car would die for no reason & when I tried to start it, the car would just crank forever & not start (no spark) I remove the plastic peice over the ecu, reset the battery & the car would be fine, WTF?? I'm thinking loose ground connection somewhere or stripped bolt on the ecu harness.
Check you grounds, those are like 8 gauge wires you cant miss them. If playing with the harness makes it start you probably have a bad contact point. Best thing to do is to unplug your ECU, then manually inspect each wire going to the harness from the ECU plug and check out for loose pins.

-Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts