Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my brother bought one, at least he thinks. The turbo has no badgin on it, the compressor housing is larger as the wheel, comes with a complete OS giken clutch kit and flywheel. Havent taken the valve cover off to inspect the cams or checked the throttle body. The plugs are green and grey to infer a 88 motor as 87's are green and 89's are grey. And only 500 were made in 1988, which is another sign. Anyone have an idea on how much hp it puts out? Or what else to look at to confer if it might be the Group A engine?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright there were 500 made in Japan only not even Europe. Its specifically a Group A motor made in 88 with a mix of green and grey plugs. I mean from the engine harness. Other signs were better suspension and the intercooler and bumper but he dont have a clip just the engine, 3 inch dp, and misc stuff. If you still dont get it click the link http://www.supras.com/sogi/personal/yuichi/yuichi.htm

·
Moderator, megalos ntabatzis!!
4,409 Posts
Proficio said:
Speaking of not getting it, if Im reading your link right it clearly says 390 HP.
i think that's the hp that this guy is getting!! i think i read stock it had 280 hp! and even tho 88, it was a 89 body!

S

·
0 Posts
the most obvious thing to look at in a crate motor is the 65mm TB and non-bottle necked 3000 pipe.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The 3000 pipe enlarges at the end and the throttle body was measured with a digital caliper at 2.54 inches which is acutally 64.5mm. The turbo is slightly larger as the wheel pattern but as I said no toyota CT-26 badging whatsoever. Hopefully I can get some pics up soon. Anyways anyone else with clues?

·
Registered
7 Posts
the head is completely different. it could accomodate larger lift camshafts, and also the porting diameter of the head is larger. the intake and all the pipings were port matched. well, I guess you are right.

but the crank is fully balanced, the rod is stronger, the piston is forged TRD, valves were nitrogen filled. all the pulleys were all forged aluminum fully balanced.

S

·
0 Posts
there had better be an ECU and wiring harness in that crate as well........

the Turbo A supe (like all Hypo jap cars) was only rated at 280hp but was infact much higher, i have personally seen one dyno 280hp at the rear and it was stock to the owners knowledge

this one

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
tsupra said:
does the back of your brothers surge tank look like this?
My brothers surge tank doesnt look like that. The turbo looks like yours exactly with no markings and the the actuator is adjustable. Throttle body is 65mm, came with Blitz O2 housing, the triple plate Os Giken Clutch and a 3.5in downpipe. Other than taking those parts he hasnt bother with the motor. He did notice that yours has the different plugs colors, green and grey like his. Also in pic 16 your TPS plug looks completely different and he threw his away so he cant compare.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts