Supra Forums banner

Would you be interested in a Group A Replica pan?

• Yes defiantly, where do I sign

Votes: 28 39.4%
  • Depends on the cost

Votes: 38 53.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 7.0%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 64 Posts

·
JZA70 or go home!!
2,495 Posts
how rare would this be in japan???

·
Registered
266 Posts
c2m said:
I'm desperately trying to figure out why Kamikaze pilots wore helmets.

cause they didn't always die kamikaze style, plus it wasn't a helmet as much as a fur lined hat to keep their ears and head warm... at elevation...

what are you doing, jake... just 1 j it... :D j/k
so when is it going to be ready...

in regards to the pan, for 300 that is cheap insurance...
1J......Why? No need to answer. I have all the reasons I need. I can't really find anything wrong with the 7M to warrent changing it out.

Thanks for answering my sig question........Now I have to find another one!

BASTARD!

Jake

·
Registered
266 Posts
JDM KING said:
how rare would this be in japan???
They would be rare anywhere. But the two that I have bought have both come from Australia and there are two more there. So I have never bumped into any in Japan.

Jake

·
Registered
266 Posts
Were they banging there heads on the dash trying to keep awake?

Jake

·
Registered
731 Posts
Jakespeeds said:

Thanks for answering my sig question........Now I have to find another one!

BASTARD!

Jake
Why is there brail lettering on drive-thru ATMs?

Oh yes, I'm also interested in this pan. Ever since I read your (Jakes) post on Supra Tech, I can't express how well you brought that pan back to life.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Thank man. I can't take all the credit. There is a local gentlemen here that restores these types of items for old Indy cars and hot rods. He did the pan itself.

Jake

·
Be original, not a copy
861 Posts
Same here aside from some baffling changes and lowering the pickup. After seeing Jake's pan though I am really considering adding some "wings" to the bottom of the sump to add another 1/2 - 1 quart capacity. I was told that the theory behind this is that if you have a "wing" of oil on each side when the car is turned hard the oil from the opposite side "wing" will fill the sump around the pickup. The baffle revisions that I did have eliminated the pressure drop when braking hard or accellerating hard (it is just a 7M though, LOL). I'll see if I can find the old pictures of the revisions and shoot them to you.

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
awesome. i've heard the same theory on the "wings". i'd like to step up to a "real" oil pan as well as a "real" engine.....but why? i haven't killed my current one yet....as much as i've tried....

·
Registered
266 Posts
Ever dropped a stock 7M pan on your foot......feels plenty "real"! I would not mind making a 7M pan retrofit sump that could just be welded on a stock pan and selling it. But I can't do it for less than 300.00 correctly. Everytime I have tried to make something correctly I have been met with people that either think its too expensive, can make it on there own for half the price or (and this is the best one) they ask for the files so they can have it made cheaper, but they will split the profits with me 50/50! Someone should start a poll and find out how many of these "fabricators" actually do it.

Jake

·
Registered
266 Posts
But your a Doctor!

Someday maybe I will figure out how to make something right and cheap. But I have not been able to quite get it yet.

Jake

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
ha. i only wish i was a doctor....nothing but a BSEE here. :p

i don't think you can make something right AND cheap....it's always one or the other....

·
Registered
266 Posts
You will always be a Doctor too me! Wanna know what Dean will always be?

Jake

·
Be original, not a copy
861 Posts
He's the only real Supra doctor out there.

What about the rear brake shims? Those were done right and cheap--although there is that one guy that makes them for 1/2 as much. His disclaimer is a little weird though "Do not use these brake parts in a street vehicle brake system." LOL!

21 - 40 of 64 Posts