Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok now that the RC injector buy is done, It's time for another group buy ladies and gents. This time it's on the PowerHouse Racing Fuel Rail.

Normal Website Price on this fantastic rail is 399.00 plus shipping. For this group buy, we are offering them for 335 shipped to your door in the Continental U.S.

I personally have this rail and just after the installation of it, the car had to be retuned. The fuel delivery was that much better in this rail.

Here is a breakdown on the rail direct from PHR's site:

"Based off the very same design that currently powers the MKIV Supra, this high flow fuel rail features a true 17.5mm ID for the utmost in fuel flow capacity. Machined from 6061 billet aluminum, the PHR High Flow Fuel Rail utilizes dual -6AN inlets and a -6AN outlet located near the center of the rail. This allows the use of dual fuel pumps with dual fuel feed lines for the highest horsepower capacity anywhere! Also available with -8AN and -10AN fuel inlet fittings, so please specify when ordering. Includes all mounting hardware and finished in satin aluminum. Designed to work with RC Engineering 550cc or similar Denso style fuel injectors."

I'd like to move some of these outta here before Christmas, so lets see what we can do guys!

·
wastegate hose is pulled
4,586 Posts
Hey Trent, that is a pretty nice piece. How about a package deal like the mk4 guys get on a "full fuel" system with dual walbros, a mounting solution in the tank, lines, fittings, a filter or two, an optional AFPR and possibly optional large injectors to complete the "kit"?

I've already got the ND 720 injectors and an aeromotive regulator, I just have to figure a way to feed them well and I'd pay extra for a pre-engineered kit. :)

·
turbo....................
1,057 Posts
do you have pics of the fuel rail?????

-tony v

·
Unnaturally Aspirated
330 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Boostin88T said:
Any chance of a group buy on the PHR HKS Manifold replica?
Funny you should bring that up. I actually have been talking to Jarrett about that a little here and there. If there are enough people interested, we definitely will get one started.

G

·
Fuel rail

I would really like to get that... but I'm not ready right now... I still gotta do some Christmas shopping.

·
Registered
144 Posts
chevyeater-on-sf said:
Hey Trent, that is a pretty nice piece. How about a package deal like the mk4 guys get on a "full fuel" system with dual walbros, a mounting solution in the tank, lines, fittings, a filter or two, an optional AFPR and possibly optional large injectors to complete the "kit"?

I've already got the ND 720 injectors and an aeromotive regulator, I just have to figure a way to feed them well and I'd pay extra for a pre-engineered kit. :)
just wondering why you need so much fuel too run 2 pumps?

why not jsut one strong pump like a external aeromotive?

and a side note why do ya need so much fuel are you trying to overpower the injectors by sending oodles of pressure at them?

just trying to see the point behind this i know the fuel rail would be nice for the injectors to have a larger volume of fuel available to them to draw from to prevent pressure drop but im not seeing the point of 2 fuel pumps,

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Two walbros is usually cheaper than any external pump I have seen. They are easier to install and easier to wire up than the externals also. Two walbro's is only going to cost about 230-250 at the most with shipping. They are also nowhere near as loud as an external either.

I think just overall, it's just easier to do. Cheaper and a lot less hassle too.

·
wastegate hose is pulled
4,586 Posts
MotoFool said:
just wondering why you need so much fuel too run 2 pumps?

why not jsut one strong pump like a external aeromotive?

and a side note why do ya need so much fuel are you trying to overpower the injectors by sending oodles of pressure at them?

just trying to see the point behind this i know the fuel rail would be nice for the injectors to have a larger volume of fuel available to them to draw from to prevent pressure drop but im not seeing the point of 2 fuel pumps,
Fuel injectors are flow tested at 43.5 psi, this is an industry standard. Fuel pumps are flow rated at whatever the manufacturer chooses. "oodles" of pressure is what EFI cars run on.

In tank fuel pumps are cooled by the gasoline they are lying in and hence much more reliable than external pumps. You need two when you wish to exceed the pressure/volume flow of the largest single pump.

You need lots of fuel to go with lots of air to make a bigger bang and more horsepower. :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts