Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have $300 right now..

I need an exhaust..Muffler sounds like it's shot and I have a few holes in the piping..

On ebay they have univ HKS carbon Ti mufflers for $270.. I can get the extra cash to get it on and custom piping..

Will the univ muffler be ok?
Damnit..so confused

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anything TT is too big.. I want to keep my torque.

·
GOT OIL ...?
1,407 Posts
ur best bet would be the wanted/for sale section here on the forums

u will be amazed what u can get ur hands on for hella cheap.. my advice is dont go witha muffler then a pipe strategy .. and not to metnion i heard a whole lot of good things about rwsupra's midpipe that will sure support ur HP gain .

Joe

·
GOT OIL ...?
1,407 Posts
it bolts right up .. but the amount of back pressure loss depends on how big the piping is ... any TT exhaust will cause Bp loss

The End

Joe

G

·
I'm talking just the rear section and don't say that 3 in is too big because my dyno proves that it's better than something under 3 in. NA cars need to be able to breathe, the only reason we loose some low end torque is because are cams were built for the stock exhaust.

Ryan

·
Supra Member
1,822 Posts
rwsupra.com said:
It will bolt up. You had it on your car didn't you soopra...

Ryan
i had the whole TT catback on my car... I thought you're talking about the rear section as in the muffler itself. :scratch:

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
Look for a used Greddy MX. Sounds very mean when you want it to. Pretty quiet otherwise. Not a noticeable difference in HP, maybe a little on the dyno.

·
gettin' irie
1,793 Posts
devious supra said:
or save a lil more and get a N1 catback
i heard the n1 was sposed to be for TTs and made the NA's lose torque. but patrick c had it on his and his sounded great and he was alwaysfaster than me (when i was na) i'd say go with the n1

1 - 20 of 24 Posts