Supra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Car is FIXED $2800 obo! Drove it around all week and no issues. It was just the thermostat :)

I recently bought my neices GS300, I believe it is a 95, but I am on the road until tomorrow and will have to check. While driving the car I overheated it. We replaced the thermostat which was the cause of the clog, but it now has a small leak somewhere else?? It may be the head and might be repairable with a gasket repair kit or you could just throw in a $500 replacement engine since they are so cheap these days. I think this is a perfect candidate for a swap. The inside is good except for a recent split on one of the drivers seams.

Car is $1500 firm as I can get that from coparts. If interested let me know. Might trade for dirt bikes or a UTV too since I am moving to VA near some great riding.

Car has 250k on it and is nice for the age.

Attachments

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Should have pics up tonight. Just talked to the shop and the car is NOT overheating, but there is still a small leak of pressure somewhere. This may be a very minor fix. If someone wants it as is for $1500 let me know or else next week I think I will have it repaired and will sell for $3000 if someone prefers.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I had someone coming today to buy it, but they didn't call back last night as they were going to so it is still here (they would have got a great deal). I am going to have the shop fix the problem if needed. It turns out that the first pressure tester was old so they used a newer one on it and all was fine. It is holding pressure and there is no oil in the water or vice versa.

Looks like it is good to go and if it isn't for some reason (I am going to drive it around during the day tomorrow) it will be soon. I will be asking $3000 obo on supraforums and $3500 elsewhere in case anyone is interested in it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts