Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The guys at ISP say they can get a little more hp out the Kelfords- just wondering yalls thoughts

and wut are the benefits on having spli durations on cams ( 272/280 )

single turbo- 1000cc injectors- dual pumps- tuned on wastegate spring now

·
Hardtopper
2,478 Posts
I don't know about the Kelford cams, but the GSC's will create an interference engine due to the Lift. A billet tensioner bracket is good insurance. Honestly, unless you're planning to make BIG power/boost, the S1's would probably be more appropriate.

·
Time for change
6,866 Posts
All I'm saying is that in comparison to other more modern engines we are leaving a lot of power on the table across much of the powerband. We push things like 800 HP on stock bottom end, but won't inspect a timing belt every oil change? :)

·
Registered
9,866 Posts
All I'm saying is that in comparison to other more modern engines we are leaving a lot of power on the table across much of the powerband. We push things like 800 HP on stock bottom end, but won't inspect a timing belt every oil change? :)
Beau,
I am more afraid of ruining alot of good parts for 20-30hp.....not worth it IMO. I guess I am just gun shy from having a tensioner failure in the past.....even though I have a billet tensioner/ati dampner now it still sits in the back of my mind.

Jason

·
Time for change
6,866 Posts
Beau,
I am more afraid of ruining alot of good parts for 20-30hp.....not worth it IMO. I guess I am just gun shy from having a tensioner failure in the past.....even though I have a billet tensioner/ati dampner now it still sits in the back of my mind.

Jason
Can't fault someone from being gun shy!
I'd rather take a stock head milled for lift with some springs and shims, and run as much lift as I could I'd probably pick up at least half of what a fully ported head would make running garbage cams.

·
Found E85 NOT in NJ!
5,252 Posts
Can't fault someone from being gun shy!
I'd rather take a stock head milled for lift with some springs and shims, and run as much lift as I could I'd probably pick up at least half of what a fully ported head would make running garbage cams.
What about a fully ported head running high lift cams? :hide: He is going to smoke you :lol:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I saw a good write-up on running staggered cam setup's and it actually showed a loss in power across the rev range of a 2jzgte. I think either of the 2 you are considering running are good choices but I would'nt run them staggered. Maybe someone could help me find the link where they tested 3 sets of cam's, albeit they were HKS but I couldnt imagine a huge difference in what you'd see regarding dyno results.

·
Time for change
6,866 Posts
Think about it this way. Staggered setup. Why? The only reason I could think of would be to try and reel in a streetable idle. Outside of that more duration bring more peak power later in the power band, as long as the other components can keep up. So why run 264s and 272 or 272 and 280s.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.