Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
Toyota Supra Turbo 1990 8G5
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

i am reading and grabbing all information I can before ordering my cam and spring set to make the right choice and not regret anything

i have read and been told horror story about bad quality and design flaws about the GSC and Kelford cam.

should I be worried about one or other ? And I am undecided between GSC S1 with spring kit or Kelford T-202C.

thank you for help as always.

· Inline for the win
6,402 Posts
Kelford C's with GSC beehive spring kit here. No issue for 10k miles, lots of dyno pulls and 7 track days. I safely rev to 8k, if needed.

DP

Reactions: persocon

· Old School
4,424 Posts
I have never heard anything negative about Kelford. GSC yes, their change from chilled cast iron to billet has made for some unhappy customers.

· Registered
2 Posts
I'm the original owner of this car, and I'm not sure how this happened (oil starvation?), but I noticed wear on these two cam lobes during a valve cover gasket job. I wish I had a better closeup of the wear shown in the first and second pics, but it looks odd to me. Almost like a casting defect. But I don't have any experience with this stuff. Thoughts?

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Awesome! Thank you everyone for taking time. I did pull the trigger and made the order for a set of T202-C, spring kit and cam gear from Kelford.

Can't wait to start working on my engine :)

· Registered
1,093 Posts
Make sure to get some valve stem seals ($20) while you have the valve spring off. Unless they were done recently, it would be criminal not to replace them during that time.

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ahah you made me laugh At it would be criminal :ROFLMAO: And yes, I am replacing valve seal with oem one. Putting brand new retainer and keeper being there too just because.

· Registered
289 Posts
I thought the only concern with GSC is that they are made out of billet steel causing a tendency to micro weld itself to non coated cam buckets, so they reccomend a cam bucket with a coating like DLC.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts