Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i know GSX's are fast from the holeshot..but who do you think would win from say a 50 mph roll on? Eclipse has normal bolt ons and the supra has just an exhaust. Both auto. I am racing the GSX for 150$ and i want to see what you guys think lol. Thanks:rolleyes:

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
I think the GSX runs a 15.2 quarter mile and so does the NA 5spd, not sure about NA auto, he would probably get you high end cuz of the turbo, just my guess.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
i raced a gsx from a 20 mph roll and i inched away around 60 mph... he had intake and dsm link... but it was on stock settings i believe

·
pirates like cookies
702 Posts
the stock 2g gsx that i drove, always fell on it's face at about 50-60 mph... my n/a feels alot stronger on the top.... on the bottom though, ur screwed....

all the bolt ons for that dsm are probably going to help his topend out as well... i dunno if i would race for money

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You'll pull him. Our cars have wicked top end for what they are.

Ryan

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
i raced a i htink it was 91 talon awd turbo a while back from a 50-60 roll . he had intake exhuast . boost controller, downpipe and im not sure what else all i could see was his blitz boost gauge lol. anywas i had him out the hole evrytime but when he hit boost he was right with me to about 120-130ish then we shut down we raced 3 times, i beat him twice and he beat me once. it was a random race but a nonturbo supra will keep up with lighted moded turbo cars on the parkway without to much hassle. I also raced a 02 bpu wrx on the parkway and he couldnt pass me this was at a 50mph roll to 120ish as well. i beat the guy by half a car we just shut down cause i was starting to pull on him more once we hit those speeds. these cars are quick top end with the right mods, btw i dont condone racing on private streets ;)

·
Registered
898 Posts
it realy depends on the year. 91-94 i am not possitive but theyre faster right? i know ive beaten plenty of 2nd gen gsx's they seem to pull fairly well off the line even though they have a turbo, the supra still does better in the top end. its only 150 bucks.. lets hope u can drive though :D ive got my money on u and ur supra though.. eclipses are wayyy over rated

·
Wingless Hardtop Moderator
3,090 Posts
MkIVSylver said:
it realy depends on the year. 91-94 i am not possitive but theyre faster right? i know ive beaten plenty of 2nd gen gsx's they seem to pull fairly well off the line even though they have a turbo, the supra still does better in the top end. its only 150 bucks.. lets hope u can drive though :D ive got my money on u and ur supra though.. eclipses are wayyy over rated
That would be F&F effects for you... yeah if your auto you should have a better chance out of the whole becuase most 5 speeders dont luanch to great.

·
SF's Cleanest
7,179 Posts
MkIVSylver said:
You've beaten plenty of GSX's. I thought you got your car about a month ago? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
215 Posts
ok...a Gsx that is 5 spd, will run 15.1, thats what my talon did stock. but that was with a launch, an auto cant launch like a 5 speed...but your running from a roll-on? i dont know much about supras but 2nd Gen Talons and Eclipses have major turbo problems on stock turbo, past 5 grand they make nothing. at the track i took of 3 tenths of a second by shifting at 6 grand instead of 7 or 7400. try going for a ride and seeing where he shifts, or if he just leaves it in drive. good luck though.

·
Registered
366 Posts
he better be stock or you are going down. it should be close if he is stock - i personally think even stock it would edge you out from a stop.

·
Built Auto
1,167 Posts
I've raced my friend's lightly modded 2nd gen GS-T with my intake and exhaust N/a auto before a few times.....

from a 50-60 roll, I'd pull 1/2 car on him and he'd reel me back in and pass.

I'd suggest dont race that GSX if you have an auto.

·
LS WON
1,019 Posts
Rocky28072 said:
I've raced my friend's lightly modded 2nd gen GS-T with my intake and exhaust N/a auto before a few times.....

from a 50-60 roll, I'd pull 1/2 car on him and he'd reel me back in and pass.

I'd suggest dont race that GSX if you have an auto.
Are you sure? They have NO top end!

·
Built Auto
1,167 Posts
yes i'm sure.....I'm talking about 80-110 mph not 150mph....:rolleyes:

and a bolt on n/a auto doesn't have much top end either....unless you're comparing it to a civic or something. my damn car in stock form couldn't get out of its own way.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No top end my ass. What's the fastest you've been? I can get to 140 easily. I've been to 155.

Ryan

1 - 20 of 74 Posts