Supra Forums banner
21 - 40 of 74 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Rocky, shut up. I know that you are turbo so just kiss my white ass!!! Soon enough, my car will be able to beat your slow ass 8psi turbo.

Ryan

· Wingless Hardtop Moderator
3,198 Posts
Xenon Supra said:
You've beaten plenty of GSX's. I thought you got your car about a month ago? :rolleyes:
Get ready to be flamed on how when you were 16 you drove a pinto. As for the race, just do it, its a 150$, you dont have to much to loose there... take out your headlight to.. it really makes a difference.

· Now...Whitesupra94
3,498 Posts
guys

gs-t's are NOT gsx's....

they may have alot in common but their drivetrain systems are totally different.

racing a gst on the highway is not like racing a gsx on the highway. racing a gst from a stop is not like racing a gsx from a stop.

the gst is harder to get a good launch. it has less drivetrain loss and a better top end.

gsx is great to launch...via AWD. makes hard as hell launches, but the loss from the drivetrain kills the top end.

this tells us to race gst's from a stop and gsx's from a roll. with a stock auto....you better hope he cant drive though. pulling the headlight may help you, but it made me slower b/c i was tuned correctly with mods. i ran a 16.2 with my NA auto with intake and exhaust(read as stock though...the exhaust was probably a negative gain) if he's auto go for it. it will probably be close

· Toyotally Awesome
852 Posts
I will race any N/A Supra in my friends BONE STOCK (nothing whatsoever *added* to the engine GSX).

1 1/4 mile race at the drag strip on either a pro or regular tree.

The car does not have a performance filter, or a boost controller, or an exhaust, and will be on a DOT tire. No secret mods like a 20G turbo under a 14b shield, 1g BOV, headwork, ported manifold, etc., nothing. Will pop hood.

Supra must be N/A, no nitrous, turbo, full weight etc. I could care less what else is done because I know no one in the states is running a carbureration system. :)

Come to Missouri and beat me...I'll pay your trip and give you $200 if you suceed. You lose, you go back home with an overweight, underpowered car and are sans $200.

· Built Auto
1,096 Posts
rwsupra.com said:
Rocky, shut up. I know that you are turbo so just kiss my white ass!!! Soon enough, my car will be able to beat your slow ass 8psi turbo.

Ryan
hahaha, looks like i hit a nerve with that one. :) Its alright man, I used to be like you, defending the n/a at all costs. Sure it seemed fast then, but after I got just a little bit of boost, it changes my outlook. As far as you soon beating my little 8psi turbo....dont think I'm staying at 8psi for long buddy. :) Kean will soon have a christmas present ready for me and I'll start boosting 16psi+.

btw...my car with 3psi of boost (leak) a full tank of gas, and a 2.6 60' and a horribly slipping tranny can still beat your n/a :). Get that turbo and quit with the all motor mess ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
LOL!!! Best thing about all motor, you don't have to wait on anything!!!

Ryan

And don't worry, I'll have boost but it will be a TT w/ a T67 P-Trim. It will beat the shit out of you!!!

· Registered
377 Posts
rwsupra.com said:
LOL!!! Best thing about all motor, you don't have to wait on anything!!!

Ryan

wtf, dude - you are waiting just the same , its just that you get that extra kick with the turbo. I'll vouch for rocky too - his setup is pretty nice, i like the direction he went with his car..he is very close to making some sick power once he gets that tranny. Until you get all this shit like your "TT with the T67 P trim" , then you can talk. You have an N/A auto - lets be honest....its not fast, and its hopeless trying to make it fast without boost. Im not bashing N/As, im simply saying all motor route is defintly not effective.

· @turbolex.com
332 Posts
Xenon Supra said:
I think the GSX runs a 15.2 quarter mile and so does the NA 5spd, not sure about NA auto, he would probably get you high end cuz of the turbo, just my guess.

uh i ran a 14.7 in my friends stock GST and GSX has no traction issues..... the GSX would rape a N/A supra

· @turbolex.com
332 Posts
rwsupra.com said:
Not at all. I got to 130 in no time. From 130-155 was about 30 seconds or so.

Ryan
\

sorry ryan, but we both have a W58, and i have 4.08 rear end being an SC300, you have a 4.23 rear end being a supra. I hit 154mph on the rev limiter, (my avc-r recorded the mph in km/hr and i converted). anyways i popped the rev limiter at 154mph so there is no way you did 155 in an N/A supra, and an N/A supra doesn't have the power to wight ratio vs drag to get to 155 in a day! not trying to knock down the supra, but you guys cant seriously think that the N/A is more car than it really is. There are a few guys here that say the N/A will pull top end and this is BS, the 95 GST i just bought stock is a 14.7, NO MODS. with a few things here and there its down to a 14.1 on stock boost and stock turbo (no boost controller, 1g head swap, 1g intake manifold/throttle body).

If you are a 5spd and he had no mods then it would be a good race from a roll. But he does have some mods, and you are an auto. ....from a stop your toast, and from a roll i would not put 150 on it, well i would, i'd put it on the GSX :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Derek, I gotta love ya man!!! Supra still get's the truck on looks!!! You want to race that SS again before you upgrade!!! :)

Ryan

· @turbolex.com
332 Posts
rwsupra.com said:
Derek, I gotta love ya man!!! Supra still get's the truck on looks!!! You want to race that SS again before you upgrade!!! :)

Ryan
actually yes, but when i get some tire behind my car so i can spray in 2nd. also im not going to have a passenger turning off the nitrous because every time he turned it off before the shifts it took him forever to turn it back on, the LS1 started to pull, then the nitrous got turned back on and i would pull back.... i would like to see what happens when i spray off of the roll until waiting til 3rd to start spraying.... or if i get some tire i would LOVE to run that guy from a stop. (lol yes guys the guy in the LS1 WOULDNT run me from a stop because he says his rear end is going to break!!!)

Oh sorry about earlier, i am going to correct myself, i guess no one caught it but you dont have a W58, i forgot you were auto, anyone know the O/D ratio in 4th gear for auto, and rear end ratio? i want to figure the possible mph.

21 - 40 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.