Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother-in-law makes alot of claims about his bike and strectches the truth on more than one occasian.I dont know to much about bikes and did a little research but could'nt find what i was looking for. My brother-in-law has an 03 gsxr 750 and claims he has a power commander, stage 2 jet kits. I know what they do but i was wondering where the PC is usually located. He also claims he kept up with a gsxr1000 and toped out his bike at 185 which i think is BS. I just wanna clear somethings up so next time he's story telling i can call him out on it. Thanks in advance

·
-=R1der=-
371 Posts
You can put a power commander in the tail section but something isn't adding up. If he did adjustments to the engine, the speedo may not be reading correctly. If I remember correctly an 750 puts out about 128hp (I think maybe less than that to the wheel). to put out 185, I think you'll need at least 150hp. So I don't see how a jet kit and PC could give him 22hp.

G

·
:bsflag: :bsflag: First off 2 things are wrong with what he said, 1st- power commander-yes on on an 03 since its fuel injected(usually under the rear seat), jetted(stage 2 jets) no way, it doesn't have any carburators. 2nd-find out what year the 1000 was, most likely an 02 or newer he will not be able to run with even if its bone stock. I think you can call :bsflag:

·
They giggle
1,935 Posts
Hahaha PC and jet kit. What a moron, LOL. It's like saying you installed a 3mm apex seal and forged pistons in your RX-7. :p

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
:lol: - let us know how he takes it after you call him out :bigthumb:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update now he claims he did 192 :rolleyes: . In my words I said "So your faster than a busa correct". he said he's beat one already. I also told him he would need about 150hp to do 180. He told me I dont know anything about bikes since I dont ride one. Is it possible to get 150hp out this bike without a turbo or nitrous thanks in advanced

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Not without a lot of money.

Tell him you know a guy who has cylinders 1 and 3 fuel injected and mapped with the Power Commander for top end power and has cylinders 2 and 4 carbureted with stage III jet kit for improved low end torque. Or ask him if he has considered doing that to his bike.

If you can get him to bite on that, then you can call him one of the dumbest fuckers alive.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What are some really good bike forums that are supraforums quality

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
No forum can touch SF quality.

But gixxer.com is OK. That's the only sportbike forum I ever joined.

·
Registered
861 Posts
OOBE said:
Hahaha PC and jet kit. What a moron, LOL. It's like saying you installed a 3mm apex seal and forged pistons in your RX-7. :p
HEY...I have a set of 8 forged JE's in my Rex!!!!! :sadance:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts