Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

thought I would get some info from those who have already gone this route before... I'm thinking about putting a GT wing on my MkIV, but not sure about a few details:
1) width (1510 vs 1710 mm) as I don't have a widebody
2) height of stays - it is primarily a street car, but will see occasional track & drag duty
3) best / most effective aerodynamically - I'm considering a SARD GT Pro at the moment
4) will I need to reinforce the boot lid - considering that I would prefer a wing that uses the stock mounting points?

Oh, should mention a few details about my car:
1998 VVTi MkIV 6 Speed, engine build in process with GT42R, Do Luck type 2 front bar and sideskirts, Trial rear bar, 19 x 9.5 front and x 10.5 rear Rays GTS rims

Thanks in advance, and I would appreciate as little off-topic chitchat as possible
Cheers
Andrew

·
Premium Member
7,335 Posts
There are motorized wings out there that can go up and down with the flip of a switch. They look something like the Do Luck wing in the retracted position, and I imagine that helps reduce drag when you don't need the downforce.

·
Registered
619 Posts
wowyou are building an awesome machine go ahead and do it i think it would look awesome!!!! just wanted to say that...i cant really chime in but i know a few people did or still do have gt wings. make sure u post vids and pics when you are finished!!!

Take care,
Yann

1 - 6 of 6 Posts