Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking at getting a t4 flanged vband gt35.

Wondering what everyone's experience with them out there is.

Looking for mid 500hp with fuel and tune.

Any input greatly appreciated.

thanks!

ian

Replacing a super t70 with t3 flange that i used a t4>t3 adapter and didnt clear my mkiii hood. :(

*although the t70 is for sale as well as the flange :sadance:

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
the GT35R is a gret turbo. i have one on my celica with a T3 flange. if you are looking for about 500 its good, but you will be close to maxing it out...the GT40R might be a better choice

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
really? its a bit hard for me to research this without the search functionality working.

just did a quick search on the net for the gt40r and the thing is twice the price of a 35..... i want a turbo that will provide ~550ish hp, and have a bit of room before i hit the ceiling.... but 2k is rather an expensive alternative.

anyone have any experience with the gt35 on the 2jz, or any other turbos for that matter.... i have been hearing good things about the sp57, but i cant find pricing or any info.

thanks in advance,

ian

·
Moderator, l337 M0d3r4t0r
12,275 Posts
i did some searchign on the GT35R aperently the AMS evo does like 600 WHP on this turbo.

I've been thinking of tihs turbo for my 1jz. I've been tossed up between this and a GT4088

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
I have until now also only read good things about this turbo in this power range. I think it should be good for 500~550ish.
This is where I will go next, but on stock fuel at the beginning...
Gerd

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
yes its totally capable of those power ranges, but it will be maxing out. how about something like a 62-1 Ptrim. and do a search you can find the GT4088 for about 1700...and you can make those power levels on a lower psi too

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok new question.

I am looking at buying the gt3582r with a t4 flange vband with .82 hotside.

Where do i go to buy one? There is a site on ebay.... maybe aptturbo?

thanks

ian

·
Registered
18 Posts
what turbos would you guys suggest getting to stay with twins but get about 500-550hp out of them? i dont wanna go single and from what i hear the highest hp gotten out of the stock twins was 510 which was pushing it..

·
Registered
280 Posts
gt35r with .82 t3 turbine is good for 650 wheel on a 2.0 motor, it will do over 600 wheel just like the old t61 turbos.

Sean

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks vin,

similar stuff that i read on the australian supra site, but this solidifies my purchase.

-ian

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Local friend here has a Precision "GT35R" with .58 exhaust housing on his stock long-block Supra. It made 604 whp at 24 PSI with LW flywheel, light CCW wheels, and AEM. He road races the car and loves the way the turbo comes on smoothly and at reasonably low RPM for a turbo that can obviously support more than 600 whp.

·
Real Girl Thread FTW!
4,626 Posts
StinkyZ said:
looking at getting a t4 flanged vband gt35.

Wondering what everyone's experience with them out there is.

Looking for mid 500hp with fuel and tune.

Any input greatly appreciated.

thanks!

ian

Replacing a super t70 with t3 flange that i used a t4>t3 adapter and didnt clear my mkiii hood. :(

*although the t70 is for sale as well as the flange :sadance:
What brand is that T70? and how much do you want for the turbo and the adapter!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
its an Monster Power i am told, got it from a friend who used it for ~500 miles then sold his supra.
he never went over ~8psi on it.

Anyway i am selling the turbo for 200$ shipped and the flange for 50$.

Send me an email [email protected] if you're interested.

-ian

·
Registered
6,796 Posts
Boost Junkie said:
Local friend here has a Precision "GT35R" with .58 exhaust housing on his stock long-block Supra. It made 604 whp at 24 PSI with LW flywheel, light CCW wheels, and AEM. He road races the car and loves the way the turbo comes on smoothly and at reasonably low RPM for a turbo that can obviously support more than 600 whp.
.58?

Precisions smallest A/R is .68 so how did he get .58?

at .58 A/r that turbo would come on almost to violently. Hellat .68 it is scary. I rather take .86 or even a 1.05 A/R

ninja edit:

nevermind

using the T04 center housing. Man that is a tiny ass A/R.

·
My boss set me on fire!?!
561 Posts
I am running a PT6152 turbo with .68 a/r T4. Similar to GT35. I have a DBB one and I get full boost ~3100. I made just recently 560whp 530tq at 25psi. At 17psi I am making 450whp. VERY VERY happy with the turbo. It will make over 600whp at 28 to 29psi. Ohh yea did I mention it was almost 100* and humid as hell when I dynoed through my stock automatic.

·
Banned
752 Posts
godelfer said:
I am running a PT6152 turbo with .68 a/r T4. Similar to GT35. I have a DBB one and I get full boost ~3100. I made just recently 560whp 530tq at 25psi. At 17psi I am making 450whp. VERY VERY happy with the turbo. It will make over 600whp at 28 to 29psi. Ohh yea did I mention it was almost 100* and humid as hell when I dynoed through my stock automatic.
What other modifications does your car have? EMS? Was the 17PSI/450RWHP on pump gas?

·
Vendor
4,400 Posts
Smaay said:
yes its totally capable of those power ranges, but it will be maxing out. how about something like a 62-1 Ptrim. and do a search you can find the GT4088 for about 1700...and you can make those power levels on a lower psi too
Absolutely not. I have personally seen this turbo make well over 600whp (one of these cars being the AMS Evo spoke of above). 500 is a cake walk.

The GT4088 won't necessarily make much more power than the 3582R, just would probably have slightly lower backpressure, nothing SIGNIFICANT I wouldn't think with a proper setup on the 35R. As for the GT4088R, then yes it would probably make a good bit more power than the 35R, the 40R has a different compressor wheel than the non ball bearing versions (as does the 35R vs the 35) which is actually SMALLER inducer wise in the 40R's case.

·
Vendor
4,400 Posts
By the way, as far as I know the only T4's available for the 35R are the .58 and .68 from Precision. If you HAVE to go T4, get the .68. T3's are available in .63, .82 and 1.06 IIRC.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts