Supra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, I'm about to order a new exhaust housing for my GT35R. The turbo is running on a rebuilt 7m with headwork and will be tuned with a VPC and SAFC for now. I'm torn between the 1.06 and 0.82 T4 housing right now, I'm leaning towards the 1.06 as I don't want the car to run out of breath in the top end, and am chasing after big power. Car will be street driven, and taken to the drag strip once in a while. I just can't find any solid info or dyno sheets of a 7m with either housing so I'm looking for opinions, is the 1.06 overkill? Thanks!

I'm also hearing that swapping from a T3 to a T4 housing on a gt35r is a major pain in the ass. Can anyone comment on this as well? Heres a link to the housing I want to buy..
http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchan...tp&Product_Code=ATP-HSG-063&Category_Code=GTH

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I haven't been able to find anything cheaper, and I've looked a ton! Damn garret parts... I'm really getting paranoid about this housing swap though, I want this to be a complete bolt off, bolt on sort of deal and if it isn't I'm just going to get a T04z.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Driftmotion has a complete kit for $1650, and a 67mm suits my power goals rather nicely! I'd really love for this GT35 to work out, as it's a brand new dbb turbo and I know I won't have an easy time selling it for a good price, but I need the T4 housing so I can clear my IC piping as the adapter I have raises the turbo too high, but now I'm worried out oil lines fitting and the compressor housing hitting a runner if it's too low!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I haven't looked into them at all yet, again, I REALLY want to make this gt35 work. I think I'm going to order the manifold and downpipe from driftmotion for their 67mm kit, if a t04z can be a direct bolt on to that, then my gt35 with the new housing shouldn't be a problem!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't have a build thread unfortunately, but I have a ton of pictures etc of all the steps along the way. I'll definitely post one up though if you're interested!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.