Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought I'd post this here aswell because not all of the members browse the mk3 section.

Mods:
Built motor
Stock head + NA cams
GT40-82 turbo, 58/82mm compressor, 60mm turbine. GT37 Turbine housing
Ebay mani + 50mm Ebay wg.
HKS VPC + S-AFC, 550cc PTE injectors, Walbro GSS341. Aeromotice AFPR.
94 octane pump fuel + 20% Toluene
21psi

This pull was done with old spark plugs and close to no tuning. Cams are next because the power seems to drop quite early.

Hp is in RWKW (1kw = 1.34hp), Torque is in rear wheel newton meters (Nm) (100Nm = 73.76 ft-lbs)

Resulting in 450whp / 500ft-lbs @ 21psi

Dyno Dymanics should read lower than a DynoJet, so Dynojet numbers might actually be a little higher, but I cannot confirm this.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
just for reference. dyno dynamics obviously can be tuned to whatever u want them to put out, but MOST set run 17% lower then a dynojet number.. but then again. every dynojet is different too :) awesome numbers though!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hey have u thought of swapping in a larger turbine housing to see if u can keep that power up a little longer.

·
Premium Member
5,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
::MySTiK_[SuPRa]:: said:
Great numbers bud, Congrats!!

I thought you were going to sell the MKIII and get back into a MKIV?! :p

Hi Phu, long time no talk :)

I'll have to play with the Mk3 first, great bang for the buck. But dont worry, I'll be back ;)

88turboma71 said:
Hey have u thought of swapping in a larger turbine housing to see if u can keep that power up a little longer.
I'll try cams first, I just sent them to be reground. The power curve looks exactly the same no matter what boost I run, so it's propably just the cams loosing their breath. After all, stock cams are only 220 degrees or so, and I even have N/A cams that have less duration.

I should able to break 500whp with the cams and a little more boost. Then again, it is on a Dyno Dynamics dyno. On a dyno jet, I am propably over 500whp already. :)

Thanks for the positive replies guys!

Here's a boost vs power curve: (Note this is in crank kW not Rear wheel kW like the first graph!!)

and A/F chart:

·
GT40 1.5JZ
1,210 Posts
nice numbers....

What's the difference in turbine housings???

I have the GT40-82 with a .68 a/r
My engine is:
1JZ head
2JZ block
emanage blue
550cc injectors
mkiv pump

I should see similar results right?

·
Premium Member
5,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Z-Gad said:
Hyva Suomi!!
:lol:

Where did you learn that?

perf0rmance said:
What's the difference in turbine housings???
To tell you the thruth, I dont know. But I dont think it's that much smaller. You shoud see similar results. Please post them when you have dynoed.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Krister said:
:lol:

Where did you learn that?
Minun aiti on Suomalainen.

I have spent my summers in Finland since I was a young. We have a farmhouse + around 400 acres of forest land in the eastern side of Finland near Puumala.

Anyway, again, nice numbers with the 7M. If you need anything from over the pond here, let me kow and I'll see what I can do.
Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts