Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or track results with weight is even better :)

Anyone got any for the 1jz with this turbo on it? If so, post em up. Also, turbine a/r.

Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I am interested as well. Someone post something! I know there is a guy out here using that turbo in Florida.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I know there is a guy in Miami, Florida building up for a GT4088R right now. Shouldn't be too much longer for the dyno. :naughty:

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
it depends what your looking for.. I ran a 67 with a cammed 1jz, and I thought it was great.. not too much lag, awesome powerband.. You cant slam it in 5th and pass anyone, you will have to downshift.. but wasn't bad imo..

Itsnotasoarer had one but he got banned.. not sure if hes dynoed though..

·
Matthew 6:33
887 Posts
I was torn between the 4088 and the 4082. I went with the 4082 because my goals were only mid 400 rwhp. I kinda wish I would have gone with the 4088 but I will know better once I get the swap done.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
People use the 4088's on some Evo's and they are 2.0L's!

·
Registered
312 Posts
it depends what your looking for.. I ran a 67 with a cammed 1jz, and I thought it was great.. not too much lag, awesome powerband.. You cant slam it in 5th and pass anyone, you will have to downshift.. but wasn't bad imo..

Itsnotasoarer had one but he got banned.. not sure if hes dynoed though..
What cams Tissimo? This is the route I am probably going.

·
Not so boring anymore
7,085 Posts
the crower 264 (272 'small core')

·
Banned
3,235 Posts
a bert didnt you build that 2.5 7m, with a gt80? made like 500 on 10psi. thats what i heard. smoked some viper on low boost.
i think he matted a v160 to a 7m, and got some gears in the rear to work. now he dose 210mph, sssssmoken vipers, lambos, and busa's.
he had to stiffen the chasis up so much looks like its jungle gym in the rear.

lol!

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
I don't see why a properly set up 1J with a big turbo would be bad either. Skylines make big power all the time with only .1L more displacement.

Too big is relative though, I suppose. To alot of people, a GT47 2J is too big.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts