Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
95 Hardtopper X 2
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a nice 5 inch intake for my turbo other then a K&N for quite some time. AEM kept saying they will have one soon but the last time I called they said their is not enough demand for that size so at this time they do not plan to make one.

Anyways after some research I found AFE (Advance Flow Engineering) started making one for the new Ford Twin Turbo diesel truck which just came out. It was a little hard to get because they sell it as a cold air kit but somehow they sent me one in a week.

It has an inverted top and a velocity stack which is cool but our cars spit out hp anyways.

The part# is 24-91039.

My K&N that collapsed on its own without ever hitting anything.

AFE Intake

·
How does my exhaust smell
1,012 Posts
I also have the K&N. What was the pricing on the unit you got, and do you think it is available to others?

·
Premium Member
4,432 Posts
AFE is a VERY good intake filter. Best flowing intake filter for diesel trucks with tons of boost. Mani...you should have no worries at all :)

·
95 Hardtopper X 2
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also have the K&N. What was the pricing on the unit you got, and do you think it is available to others?
It was $8 more than the K&N in the same size, you can search and find it pretty easily.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I know this is an old thread. Does any one have any further experience with this filter? Any other current options in the 5" filter of similar size? I have been searching high and low on the internet all night and this is about the best i have ran across. Seans like there is almost nothing else out there for a gt42 besides the K&N.

CJG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts