Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
DONT HASSLE THE HOFF
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't know what happened to my other thread but I can't see any of the text I typed. Someone delete that please...

So my question is, I am looking for turbo now and I've come across this GT42. Thing is I do not understand the sizing of it at all, can anyone shed some light on it for me? I'm just wondering what other turbo it is comparable to in size, ie. T74, T76 etc. Here are the specs I have on it -

Turbine
-Wheel: 82mm
-Housing: 1.15ar

Compressor
-Wheel: 94mm w/ 56 trim
-Housing: .66 ar

Is anyone running this particular turbo? If so how is the spool start and peak? Does anyone know if the hot side is changable to a smaller A/R? That 1.15 is abit on the large size. Thanks for any help-

·
Registered
410 Posts
u might wanna get ahold of Ryan Woon at WOTM

something tells me he will be able to help u out

·
Registered
107 Posts
sounds like you have a gt42-70 or gt42-71. the last number is the inducer size, or minor diameter of the compressor wheel. if you look on the HKS website, it shows that the T51R KAI has the exact same dimensions as the turbo you listed specs for. its rated for 800 ps, which is roughly 800hp, but HKS has a tendency to under-rate the power out put, so your probably looking at 800+ rwhp maxed out. This thread has some dyno results that also might help you out:

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=274229&highlight=gt42

best of luck to ya

- Ross

·
DONT HASSLE THE HOFF
893 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL, I JUST now found that out after searching all over. Thanks for the info though. I wanted more power though so I might keep looking, everywhere I was looking it said it was rated at 1100 :shrug:

·
Registered
478 Posts
Euphoric said:
LOL, I JUST now found that out after searching all over. Thanks for the info though. I wanted more power though so I might keep looking, everywhere I was looking it said it was rated at 1100 :shrug:
1100HP crankshaft would be about ~800RWHP through an auto ~920RWHP six speed. Turbos are not usually rated RWHP.

Garth Weaver (HIBOOST) is running a GT-42 76mm dual BB and he made [email protected] of boost through a six speed. He can push up to 47lbs of boost through that turbo. :whip:

What's really crazy is he want's a GT-47 now :dunno: .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts