Supra Forums banner

gt45-78 (swankto) results

2K views 49 replies 27 participants last post by  GT47 
#1 · (Edited)
Well this has been a very long time coming with more funds involved then i would like to talk about...but all I have to say is that it was well worth the wait.

As of right now with about 3-4 psi less then last year the car is making approx. 100 rwhp more. I think the dyno was starting to not like what was going on with the almost 900hp... It started to hold the car back on the last few pulls so the tuner called it a day. If you want to attempt to compare dynos, these #s should be around 10% lower.

i was able to hold 17.6 psi with an old t78 manifold and went up to 33 psi before we stopped.

a little run down of the new upgrades.

1. GT 45-78 1.15 A/R (swantko)
2. Sound performance intake manifold with accufab 75mm throttle body
3. Sound performance 5inch thick IC
4. 1200 cc injectors
5. WOTM triple pump hanger w/3 walbro fuel pumps. (2 running at all time, 1 comes online @ 10psi)

6. Virtual Works stage 1 race head Complete ferrea valve train.
1mm oversized stainless steel valves, titanium retainers, locks, dual valve springs, with inner valve spring buckers, and ferrea valve seals.
7. HKS 280's
8. Synapse Motorsports IC piping (local shop)
9. Synapse Motorsports downpipe

Like i said the #'s do seem a little low but this dynapack tends to read low. low boost the car made 660 rwhp @ 17.6 psi and 896 rwhp @ 33 psi all on c16. with the big cams and IC I'm losing a little spool. seeing full boost around 5500rpm. redline was 7800 rpm, pulls were in 5th gear due to the dyno shutting off

896rwhp @ 33psi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVKgaRcORXE&feature=channel_page

883rwhp @31 psi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fmk7ddbzdlE&feature=channel

IC piping blowing off
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3qTaGJODu8&feature=channel

most of the work was performed at a local shop synapse motorsports.
let me know what you think. thanks

See less See more
#5 ·
Good ole' Time based dyno's and laggy Supras... Go together like Peanut Butter and Chicken Feet

Congrats on the numbers, but if you want it to load up a little better, have him extend the time it takes to make a pull. you will get more boost at the same settings and thereby make more power. He'll also get a little better load tuning done.

oh, and make sure your clutch does not slip... those dyno's REALLY hate that :)

Justin

#8 · (Edited)
#10 ·
congrats on the #'s make sure it runs good on the street seems that dyno doesnt have too much load. but man sounds like a solid setup like you cant go wrong with the gt4578 along with the other parts you mentioned. im sure we will all see in your signature pretty soon that the 10.12 @144 will def. be beaten by a 9 sec. pass. anyway good luck man and kudos on a badass car.

#11 ·
thanks man...it needs a little fine tuning with the warm start up... but i took it for a quick ride right after the dyno and it seemed to be running good... the tuner always goes through everything again after the dyno...

#14 ·
car is a 6spd. I do think the #'s are a liitle low for this setup. but so far my car has always had lower #'s on this dyno. I have to go to a different one to see the difference. But i've read the dynapacks are approx 10% lower then others.

^^ Good point kirk. But every car is different. They both wont perform exactly the same.

What i do find funny, is that isnt the swankto turbo bigger than the 78gts? And i remember seeing Sean, 2jzMK3 on his like dyno sheets, like 940rwhp @ like 33psi.

Good solid numbers though. Im assuming built block?
yes!! motor is built

#13 ·
^^ Good point kirk. But every car is different. They both wont perform exactly the same.

What i do find funny, is that isnt the swankto turbo bigger than the 78gts? And i remember seeing Sean, 2jzMK3 on his like dyno sheets, like 940rwhp @ like 33psi.

Good solid numbers though. Im assuming built block?

#24 ·
i think his numbers are off, or there is something wrong. i made 1044whp @30psi
and 1066whp@ 31-32psi. i never was able to make anymore boost because of the gate.

Got any pictures of the engine bay?

I was under the impression that the GT45R is only available in a 79 and a 80mm version and NOT a 78mm version; correct me if I am wrong?
you are wrong, they are 78mm or 80mm

#20 ·
haha...would you like to buy it back????

#22 ·
pass!!

#23 ·
Got any pictures of the engine bay?

I was under the impression that the GT45R is only available in a 79 and a 80mm version and NOT a 78mm version; correct me if I am wrong?

#29 ·
man, I love this turbo so much. I want one bad!

do they make a journal-bearing version?

#30 ·
i don't now...why not buy a dbb??

#33 ·
I have always had great results with journal-bearing. No reliability issues. I had a friend go through two gt37r turbos because of bearings. The price is crazy too. $2000+ for a turbo just because it's dbb? No thanks.

Still, the results that this turbo puts out is amazing. Everyone that posts about it loves it. I just wish they made a journal-bearing unit.

no only BB
damn. :(

#31 ·
wow this car looks so mean I love it! How do you like the WOTM triple fuel hanger heard it is great?

#34 ·
looked over the thread for a dyno graph... did i miss it?
craig

#38 ·
well i dont know then... a local corvette guy had his car tuned on a dyno dynamics then had his heart broken on the dynapack. like the above stated we'll see what it does at the track.

I'm not really to worried about the # as long as I'm happy with the way the car runs and performs. But also like anyone else I still would like to see those high #'s:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.