Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn’t want to begin a thread however with the search down and my lack of information found from skimming through the pages I had to.

The car will be going on the dyno for tune this Friday and I wanted to make sure everything is in order. I have just a few questions in regards to minor changes that must be done from the stock twins to single conversion I hope you may be able to assist me with.

Which recommended spark plugs?
Which oil and grading?
93oct pump gas, what psi level to stop at?
Max safe whp for motor?

Here is a basic list of the modifications:
**Stock 50,000mile Internal Motor**
GT47-80mm turbo kit
1000cc full fuel system dual pump
4.5inch downpipe and mid pipe
60mm HKS gate

Thank you all.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just so u know ur gonna run out of injector and pump on that setup on high boost.
When you say high boost, are you referring to 30+psi? I was under the impression that this would be safe for up to 900-1000whp, no?

·
Premium Member
4,769 Posts
the turbo makes more than 1000whp on full tilt.. probably 1100+whp on full boost.. so way out of the range of your injectors and fuel pumps

When you say high boost, are you referring to 30+psi? I was under the impression that this would be safe for up to 900-1000whp, no?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
the turbo makes more than 1000whp on full tilt.. probably 1100+whp on full boost.. so way out of the range of your injectors and fuel pumps
Correct, I am aware of this, however I will not be making over 1000whp at this moment in time, nor on this motor. The 3.4l will but that will be later next year once built.

Was the assumption that 900whp would be sufficient with 1000cc false?

Keep in mind this is a stock unopened motor. I do not plan on producing more then 800whp currently if I can even see that high of power, which explains the 1000cc.

·
Bad RSP supra
1,089 Posts
that should be fine then. I wouldnt push the car passed 800hp on the stock motor though anything after that its a time bomb.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that should be fine then. I wouldnt push the car passed 800hp on the stock motor though anything after that its a time bomb.
That is what I have been reading and seeing others as well. Many stop around 750whp. In all honesty, I do not even believe I will see 750whp due to the fact that I lack cams and an intake manifold upgrade.

Recommendations for the following, I know many differ in the plugs and oil they prefer

Which recommended spark plugs?
Which oil and grading?
93oct pump gas, what psi level to stop at?

·
w00t
1,297 Posts
There is no set psi level, it all depends on your output as everyone is different. I wouldn't push more then low 500's on pump gas. Race gas, even 100 octane if you have it is cheap insurance.

Definitely looking forward to seeing your setup! Best of luck! :beer:

·
Bad RSP supra
1,089 Posts
Whoever ur tuner is will be setting up the amount of boost by what the car is doing on the dyno. oil shouldnt differ from what you would normally run atlest thats what my understanding is.

·
Homer Simpson
1,537 Posts
theres a sticky at the top about spark plugs...oil, cant go wrong with Royal Purple Synthetics as its been proven to make more whp....this turbo has done 1000rwhp on stock bottom end on a few supra's before...if i were you i wouldnt touch pump gas without a torco fuel addative or something....

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Thank you all.

I was actually running Royal Purple Synthetic before the conversion but thought I would have to go thicker grade then 10w30.

I will go over the sticky up top for plugs. Looks like some go with the 6097s and some 3330s.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
From my advice I would do the following:

Run 20w-50 oil. I run reg oil with one quart of Lucas Oil Stabilizer.

Run a NGK plug in the 9 range I currently run a 7405

Get a aftermarket crank pulley ( ATI, Boost Logic)

Run VP c 16

I would tune for around 800 on a stock motor and have fun until you get your 3.4L built. I know there are a few Stock motor Supra's but 800 seems to be the magic number to keep it alive.

Good luck !

Staats

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Run VP c 16

I would tune for around 800 on a stock motor and have fun until you get your 3.4L built. I know there are a few Stock motor Supra's but 800 seems to be the magic number to keep it alive.

Good luck !

Staats
Thank you Staats, really appreciate it.

·
No Ego or Arrogance!!!!!!
744 Posts

Run VP c 16

Good luck !

Staats

What he said:agreed: .Good luck ,now its all tuner.

·
1,150+ rwhp club
4,438 Posts
I've been running 34lbs for awhile now on my gt47-80 and stock short block until my stroker is done as well.

Fuel - c16
Plug - ngk 3330
oil - 10/30 synthetic

1000cc injectors were spent over 6500 on 30+ lbs. Running 1600's now.

What exhaust mani are you running? Is the tial 60mm controlling boost creep?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Wow, surprised to see you running 3330s at the powerlevel. How are the plugs holding up?

·
1,150+ rwhp club
4,438 Posts
Wow, surprised to see you running 3330s at the powerlevel. How are the plugs holding up?

awesome. Me and another local GT47 car both run them. He's 40lbs and a 150 shot too. Just gap them down :)

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
awesome. Me and another local GT47 car both run them. He's 40lbs and a 150 shot too. Just gap them down :)
James, what boost controller are you using?

·
1,150+ rwhp club
4,438 Posts
James, what boost controller are you using?
I'm using a blitz ebc or whatever. I'll be switching to AEM controlled boost very very soon though. Got to get a handle on some better traction with AEM control.

The other guy uses a MBC for his.

·
No Ego or Arrogance!!!!!!
744 Posts
I've been running 34lbs for awhile now on my gt47-80 and stock short block until my stroker is done as well.

Fuel - c16
Plug - ngk 3330
oil - 10/30 synthetic

1000cc injectors were spent over 6500 on 30+ lbs. Running 1600's now.

What exhaust mani are you running? Is the tial 60mm controlling boost creep?
How long its a while,and what its your timing at peak torque and higher up the rpm's,I'll:) be switching to a aem boost controller too,and up the boost to 30+psi.Good set up Jamesn1830.I like the 6097 ngk my car idles better than the 3330.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts