Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it worth putting a gte head on a ge? i like the look soo much better then the dual runners ontop of the block. I was going to get a custom intake manfiold but i am still left with the space /where the stock intake manifold goes. theAlso doesnt the gte outflow the ge head? but the ge intake manfiold outflows the gte intake manifold?. is changin over to the gte head possible. i know my low end will be gone but i will have better top end. Also if i change to a gte head/cams etc do i have to change out the cam drive distributor? I would think i would have to . Has one ever change over to a gte head? while keeping the ge block. Give me and idea's experince you have. I have seen it done on couple cars that where ge and they change to the gte head and put a single turbo kit. Thanks

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Actually, I just sent my spare head out to get ported. The guy looked the head over and did some comparison to the tt head. The na head has better/larger exhaust port, but it actually has smaller intake ports.

·
Back in Long Island =)
1,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
hmmm thats interesting. besides the n/a head having a larger exhuast por but small intake port any internal flow differnces? And can you email me and tell me how you put the gte head on your engine? If your not the one with the gte head on his na-t i apoligize.
Couldnt you just port/polish the intake exhuaust port to be larger on the gte or ge.? you wouldnt know off hand the intake exhuast port sizes of the gte and ge?
i might go the extent to have custom headers made if i work out puitting the gte head with all the goodies.

And why does evry one swear a gte head flows more are they all wrong?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts