Supra Forums banner

101 - 120 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Does having a factory ECU (Aristo, IS300 etc) serve any benefit for controlling VVT-i or only if its tuned with a standalone? I'm sure actually tuning it would use the VVT-i to its full potential but I'm wondering what benefits there are compared from a factory VVT-i tune to a non-VVT-i.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I'm looking for the toyota emblem for the vvti valve cover. Anyone know if it's the same as the non vvti? Bonus points if you have the part number. Not sure if you can buy this separate.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Technically, could you run a GTE non-vvti ecu with a vvti head? Of course vvti will be disabled, but couldn't you just run it that way like a non vvti until you get to a tuner? Since it's disabled there is no way for the gear to retard/advance.

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Technically, could you run a GTE non-vvti ecu with a vvti head? Of course vvti will be disabled, but couldn't you just run it that way like a non vvti until you get to a tuner? Since it's disabled there is no way for the gear to retard/advance.
No. The motors have completely different trigger patterns. 12 tooth vs 36-2.

·
Registered
299 Posts
So I know this thread hasn't been talked on for a few months, but does anybody have access to the vacuum diagram for the GTE VVT-i? I am tearing my hair out trying to find it and am confused on the large port on the back of the upper intake.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I took this picture from a google search. The one in the lower right of the picture just below the brake booster banjo that still has a cut section of hose attached to it. toyota_2jz_vvti_30_twin_turbo_supra.jpg

·
Game Over
1,185 Posts
Question,

For the guys who have swapped in their non VVTi TB and Intake manifold to these heads, does the factory TRAC casting/motor on the non VVTi TB interfere with the oil feed banjo area?

·
Registered
973 Posts
would also like to know if a non vvti intake manifold and throttle body will fit with a vvti oil control valve

·
Boost Addicted.
1,217 Posts

·
I blame the Midwest Sect.
1,097 Posts
A digital crank sensor will not work with the vvti crank trigger. The teeth are too small and too frequent for the sensor to pick up.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I'm about to swap in a vvti motor to my supra that currently has a non vvti gte. Ms3x ecu single turbo e85. Is it possible to drop the vvti motor in and not have the oil control valve connected until I can get the car to my tuner? Will it run fine like that? From what I understand it will be at 0 degrees at all times

101 - 120 of 150 Posts
About this Discussion
149 Replies
81 Participants
mkivsoopratt
Supra Forums
Supra Forums is the largest online Toyota Supra MKI, MKII, MKIII, MKIV and MKV owner's club community. Discuss DIY, modifications, and upgrades.
Full Forum Listing