Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first attempt at doing this stuff, but I think it came out really good. I thought I would share what I used, and how I did this.

The stuff I used to fill the guage hole was PIG plastic repair. Its a compound you mash together for a minute till it turns all one color, and then you spread it over an area. It acts just like playdo. It starts to harden after 20 minutes, and its sandable/paintable after 3 hours...took a few attempts of layering this stuff to center the guage exacly where I wanted it. here are some pix. There are a few imperfections still I need to fix, and Its still not complete :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yah this crap is really rough unless you hit it hard with 100 grit for a while. It still needs some work, but the 2nd pic is sorta where I am headed. :bigthumb: Ill post pix of it in the car tommarow when It will be done

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Just paint the stock needles to match! kinda hard to tell the quality... cause its a dark picture

·
I'm in the Death Business
1,924 Posts
1st picture = :freak:
2nd picture = very nice :bigthumb:

I was contemplating how to work in a new temp gauge, but I think I'm gonna steal a page out of Turkish's book and put a new gauge in the lighter spot

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Hey, if you need any helps, thoughts, ideas just PM me and we can talk. :D

BTW, look around for my recent posts, and you'll find my "resume." ;)

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i actually took apart a 2 5/8" guage and made it fit perfectly in the stock location, but the lighting was all ghetto and fucked up. So the only real way to get the lighting to work is to print out the guage so the numbers light up. I dont know how to even start with that...So I thought about just fitting the gauges in like a guage would slide in a cup. I think this is a little easier, and the guage lights up so you can see if your overheating at night! lol.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
couple of finished pics. I am most likely gonna paint the bezel all black instead later, but you get the idea with these pics.

let me know what u supra dorks think :)

·
Registered
142 Posts
i'm thinking abought sheet meteling my guage cluster area and replace all the stock guages, with aftermarket ones.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
AJbiff said:
i'm thinking abought sheet meteling my guage cluster area and replace all the stock guages, with aftermarket ones.
would be expensive and alot of work to make it look clean...heres an example of what your probably thinking about...

EDIT: i think u have to be loged into SupraMania to see this pic since it was an atachment, but I hosted it so you can see...these are from a member on supramania, oneandgone

1 - 13 of 13 Posts