Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought I would post a thread to guage interest in forming a local, Houston and surrounding area's, Supra/Lexus 2jzge/2jzgte power'd monthly car club meet. This whole idea was "snake eyes" but he asked me what I thought about this idea.

My opinion is I love the idea and want to guage the interest? The initial idea is to have a monthly meeting at a restaurant that will let us hangout but we will also bring big business to them by having a monthly reservation of like 20-30 people for dinner. The venue can also change on a monthly basis to include everyones favorite food but an initial venue to get membership is a must. We will do a cruise after dinner then hangout some more.

I know "snake eyes" has my back on this so I will just put it out there that this is NOT a meet for the "ricer attitude" car guy or the "street racer" attitude. We are looking for a safe and friendly group of people who enjoy being around others with the same interest talking about their cars, racing and life in general.

We are guaging the interest at the moment so please feel free to post your outlook and/or opinions concerning everything. Also these meets will not be a midnight till 4am deal as we will meet up an hour or two before dinner and after that we will cruise and just have a good time with possibly hitting other get togethers along the route but showing nothing but respect and comaraderie to all others.

If you do start street racing or acting inappropriately you will be asked to leave so you can re-evaluate your priorities.

Gregg

·
Sudafed can't kill me.
980 Posts
Hey Greg, don't you have some Depends to purchase or something? :scratch:

·
Registered
61 Posts
count me in .. i have been wanting to find some other supras to pull out and come to something. dont know very many supra guys but hopefully this can pull some out of the closet.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Great idea. Something is in the works now with the DFW crew for something similar. If you guys ever get up and running we can arrange a quarterly meet with the DFW crew and Houston.

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The Alchemist said:
Hey Greg, don't you have some Depends to purchase or something?
:hahano: Unless you have something constructive or positive to add to MY thread keep your dumbass comments out of it.!

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
To everyone interested, dont know why I did not think of this earlier but I have a friend who's family owns a restaurant here on the westside, Tequila Lopez on Hwy 6 between Bellaire and Beechnut.
They have car shows and the food is great so how about I talk to him about having our first meet at his place?

Gregg

·
RIP 86.5 N/A, Hello 90T
2,293 Posts
Im in Gregg. BTW I lost you # when I switched phones' get ahold of me sometime.

~Dan

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dan,
For you, my dawg, and anyone else that may need or want to call me just to say hi or touch base my cell# is 281-796-3016. I will call my friend about this in the next few days and see what we can do about a meet/dinner/cruise for next month possibly.
He drives a nice yellow C5 convertible so I'm about 1000% positive this is a go at his restaurant.

Thanks for all the interest but there are a few of my friends who have not replied and I wish they would, you know who you are!!! :)

Gregg

·
Registered
508 Posts
I am in for any meet we can put together, would really enjoy meeting more of the local folks.

·
dank
409 Posts
theres been a local club forever... it was/is the txmkiv list. harharhar [yeah thats olskool for your ass right there] when andi b. was bpu king, qualen was one of the 1st singles, peter when he had his 1st dawg, etc... harharhar

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
t t p h 3 r n said:
theres been a local club forever... it was/is the txmkiv list. harharhar [yeah thats olskool for your ass right there] when andi b. was bpu king, qualen was one of the 1st singles, peter when he had his 1st dawg, etc... harharhar
We are looking to start our own, you know just a monthly get together to get us out of the house lol!

·
dank
409 Posts
yeah i was gonna mention the houston supra club... the decals were badass, dfw wanted to do somethin like that for a while, but there were just so many dawgs in htown at that time... we all said fuck it, let them have their own deal. haha. txmkiv list has always been the staple club/list, but none of those cats are active anymore, save for a few of 'em... peter, qualen, augie, a lot of the houston crew, etc...

i remember the meets on westheimer [used to live htown] all over the place... post oak starbucks meet, jamba juice [or whatever that place is called], fox n hound, etc... good times.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Guys, There is a DFW MKIV thing being organized soon. Would the Houston guys be in interested in quarterly meets?

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
donkeypunch said:
Guys, There is a DFW MKIV thing being organized soon. Would the Houston guys be in interested in quarterly meets?
I think its a little to early to say. It will be tough for me just to make some of the monthly get togethers as I will be starting school soon and they will most likely be weekend class's.

·
Always playing catch up
1,632 Posts
thanks man, been a busy week/weekend dealing with work and college stuff

I was thinking something once a month, depending on where everyone lives inside the 610 loop, (ill admit i stole this idea from my old rx7 club)

every month new side (so like west side 610 one month, south another, etx)

also, just a idea, i know there is a carting place off of skyline off 59 near the ferrari dealership if you want to have the first meet there

the idea of the meet is to come and have fun, talk about cars, BS, bench race, IF you want to street race, take it aside, go AFTER THE MEET IS DONE. times for a meet i would say 7:30-10ish (gives everyone time to get home from work and get there with traffic)

<l><l>

P.S. (after reading replies) this is mainly a SUPRA POWERED club (2jz, 1jz, 7m, etx) if you all have a mk4 club thats fine, as my idea was to reach a broader audience

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No problem as we are all very busy. I also have another location we can consider for meets, a good friend of mine is one of the owners of Slick Willies pool hall's and I got the ok MONTHS AGO for the location at Westgreen and Katy Frwy.

I suggest we have the 1st meet at my friends restaurant here on the westside?

·
Always playing catch up
1,632 Posts
texasmr2 said:
No problem as we are all very busy. I also have another location we can consider for meets, a good friend of mine is one of the owners of Slick Willies pool hall's and I got the ok MONTHS AGO for the location at Westgreen and Katy Frwy.

I suggest we have the 1st meet at my friends restaurant here on the westside?
haha thats right near my house, has a HUGE parking lot too so that shouldn't be a problem.

As we have a mk3 meet in may, what say we make the first date first week in june?

<l><l>

·
'95 SC300 2jzgte/T78
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
snake eyes said:
haha thats right near my house, has a HUGE parking lot too so that shouldn't be a problem.

As we have a mk3 meet in may, what say we make the first date first week in june?

<l><l>
June sounds real good to me! Is the MKIII meet local? If so maybe we can combine the two?

OT but since you live right by the Toyota dealership I work at I can get you discounts on parts ;) .

1 - 20 of 33 Posts