Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Boost Creep
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, I purchased this car back last year in April. Was my dream for a long time to own a Supra, and I finally found one that was clean enough and was MINT on the outside, low miles (60,000) and had what I wanted. I purchased the car from a older guy, one owner who did a single swap on it. He did the swap back in 01-02, so A LOT was outdated and I have been replacing a ton of stuff.

Mods when purchased: Single T61 Kit, looked mostly greddy, HKS VPC, old HKS BC, and a goofy exhaust that needed replacing. Car made 518HP @22PSI. Little T61 was running out of steam. NOt to mention the FPR was all jacked up. Wish I knew this stuff AT PURCHASE. :blah: :soapbox:

Anyway...

Enter November 2008, I dropped the car off to John Nouri from Broadway Performance in NJ, and let him work his magic. I didn't know WHAT I was getting myself into. I wanted a quick streetable car, with 700HP on race gas. I didn't want to wait for weeks for spool either, so we decided on a BL 67DBB turbo.

I also wanted a lot of other work done, the engine bay was in dire need of a cleaning up. Exhaust needed replacing, gauges needed replacing among other things. (I should have just bought a stock TT at this point).

John also installed another Denso fuel pump, and the rest of the system. The FPR needed replacing.

We ran into a TON of issues with the weather (Salty roads) and constantly having to worry about that, and not wanting to get the car dirty led to many frustrations.

John was awesome the entire way through the whole process, he was notoriously calling me friday nights at 8pm when he was working on the car and tuning. Big thanks goes out to chevyeater (Brian) as well for assisting with the tune and helping John out, couldn't do it without these guys. I never had any fear my car was going to be damaged, or anything while it was there. And anyone that knows me knows im CRAZY about my car. I did go way above my budget for the car, but I wanted to get to my goal and I Wasn't aware of what i was getting into!

I strongly reccomend anyone wanting to get work done to their car to call John @ Broadway if they are close to NJ/NY. John goes ABOVE AND BEYOND for his clients.

Here's a mod list of what we completed:

Engine
BL67DBB (Precision) Turbo
HKS 264 Cams
HKS 720cc Injector's
HKS Carbon Ti Exhaust
Fual dual pump Denso fuel system
Greddy 4 Row Intercooler
Greddy Manifold
HKS Wastegate
HKS custom fuel rail

Electronics:
HKS VPC
HKS EVC6 BC
AEM AFC NEO

Other
Aem UEGO Wideband
Defi Boost Gauge
Defi Fuel Pressure
Aeromotive FPR
Tial Q BOV
98 Tail lights
98 Head Lights
Project Mu Brakes
Eiback springs, bilstein struts
Misc polished greddy intake piping/IC
T4 Turbo Blanket
TRD Strut Bar

New Maintenance
Timing Belt, Waterpump, Hydralic Tensioner, Cam Seals, Valve cover gaskets
Coolant Flush, engine, radiator, toyota red coolant
18 new injector seals
New tbolt clamps
New Coolant temp sensors
New Thermostat

687WHP 592TRQ @28PSI

(old pic before new exhaust)
Before:

After:

I know it's not a whole lot different, and I need to clean the engine bay, but it's a start. Going to get all the blue stuff changed to black, and get that intercooler pipe chromed... also going to pull the an line from the valve cover and route that differently. If anyone can reccomend how I can make my engine look better PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

I'll be taking more pictures as it gets nicer out. Next year will probably be 1600cc injectors, AEM EMS and an E85 tune.

I'm ordering wheels as well.

·
Boost Creep
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, looks great. Bet it is a real blast to drive around now!!! Keep going on that engine bay, it is getting real nice.
Sad thing is i still think it looks like a mess!!

·
?!!?HABBA BABBA??!!
2,757 Posts
what gas was that on?

I am in the process of a PHR GT67 kit with similar mods.

·
Boost Creep
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what gas was that on?

I am in the process of a PHR GT67 kit with similar mods.
C16 @28PSI.

Dynoing it on pump next week probably. Hoping for 550-560HP.

·
Function over form
2,465 Posts
wow that is super clean for being a 1993! i like the glovebox case for the electronics. i'm going to be making one of those for mine.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I think the blitz or aem filter would add some to it as well as ceramic coating the manifold, polishing valve covers, relocate the battery to the trunk, new radiator/hose with clamps and with nice radiator brackets from titan. and also like you said blue to black:) just my .02
car looks great so far though.

·
Boost Creep
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wow that is super clean for being a 1993! i like the glovebox case for the electronics. i'm going to be making one of those for mine.
Thanks, I just spend 6 hours detailing it, only another 3 to go! Damn this single stage paint.

·
Boost Creep
3,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think the blitz or aem filter would add some to it as well as ceramic coating the manifold, polishing valve covers, relocate the battery to the trunk, new radiator/hose with clamps and with nice radiator brackets from titan. and also like you said blue to black:) just my .02
car looks great so far though.
Thanks, definitely going to check those out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts