Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran into this mid engine 200mph+ vehicle and wanted to see who knows anything about it

·
Nothing
1,491 Posts
That's not a McLaren, I've seen a few pictures of this car before, but I can't recall the name right off the top of my head. The rest of it looks just as good as the rear end.

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's an SSC Ultimate Aero.
You win :wavey:

------------------------------

October 31st 2006, Las Vegas - Using SCC's proprietary twin-turbo design, the Ultimate Aero TT's power plant has surpassed its original design specifications in all areas, producing a nasty 1180 bhp at 6750 rpm and 961 ft lbs of tarmac tearing torque while maintaining a paltry 2750 lbs of curb weight. The meticulously manufactured carbon fibre composite body harnesses a motor that has a wonderful idle, incredible daily drivability characteristics, runs on 91 octane pump fuel, easily handles the rigors of long term redline usage while delivering and incredible 15 mpg in the city and 22 mpg on the highway.

March 26th, 2007-Just in are the results from SSC's first planned high speed run which they attempted on Nevada's Highway 93. Unfortunately, a snowstorm meant changing locations to an uneven road surface and the Areo was limited to 221 mph before its driver had to back off. Only using half throttle at that speed, the Aero's available 1183 bhp was massive and could spin the wheels at 190 in 6th gear! SSC's photographer reports that that they will try again for the production speed record at a better location in the near future.

Further establishing its place among the supercars, the Ultimate Aero TT produces more emissions legal horsepower than any other production automobile in the world, thanks in the large part to the tireless efforts of the design team.

But the dedication to every small detail doesn't stop at excellent performance; the hand-stitched, custom leather interior will turn heads all by itself. Race-ready seats are designed to accommodate a driver up to 6'7'' and 300 lbs. Standard features include power windows, power locks, security system, DVD player, a backup camera, height adjustment, premium sounds system, five-light sequential shift indicator and a horsepower gauge.

SSC plans a limited run of only 25 cars with a distinctive number plate matching chassis numbers to protect its collector value.

Spec:

engine: Chevrolet V8
position: Mid Longitudinal
aspiration: Twin Turbos
fuel feed: Electronic Sequential Port
displacement: 6345 cc / 387.2 cu in
bore: 104.77 mm / 4.125 in
stroke: 91.95 mm / 3.620 in
compression: 8.975:1
power: 879.9 kw / 1180 bhp @ 6950 rpm
hp per litre: 185.97 bhp per litre
bhp/weight: 963.27 bhp per weight
torque: 1302.94 nm / 961 ft lbs @ 6600 rpm
redline: 7200
body / frame: Carbon Fiber/Composite/Steel Space Frame
front brakes: Vented & Slotted Discs w/6-Piston Calipers
f brake size: 356 mm / 14 in
rear brakes: Vented & Slotted Discs w/6-Piston Calipers
r brake size: 356 mm / 14 in
front wheels: F 48.3 x 22.9 cm / 19 x 9 in
rear wheels: R 50.8 x 31.8 cm / 20 x 12.5 in
front tire size: 235 35 (YR)19
rear tire size: 335 30 (YR)20
steering: Rack & Pinion
f suspension: A Arms w/Coil-Over-Srpings, Cab Controlled Air Lift
r suspension: A Arms w/Coil-Over-Srpings, Anti-Roll Bar
weight: 1225 kg / 2700 lbs
wheelbase: 2672 mm / 105.2 in
length: 4475 mm / 176.2 in
width: 2101 mm / 82.7 in
height: 1092 mm / 43 in
transmission: 6-Speed Manual
gear ratios:3.82:1, 2.15:1, 1.56:1, 1.212:1, 0.973:1, 0.656:1
final drive: 3.44:1
0 - 60 mph: 2.78 seconds
0 - 1/4 mile: 9.9 seconds
drag: .367 Cd

·
4,109 Posts
Looks very much like a diablo, IMO, which is not a bad thing:)

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
I like it, but the blatant styling ripoff of the Diablo doors is a joke.

With that being said, I'll take one in black. ;)

·
Who's the Master?!
4,073 Posts
Looks very much like a diablo, IMO, which is not a bad thing:)
Yeah, it definitely does look a lot like a Diablo. The headlights are the only things that throw me off a bit. I think if they had a smoother, more cat-eye shape (similar to the new Maserati GT) it would look even better. With that said, I really like it! I can't even imagine wheelspin at 190 mph. That's insane.

I'm gonna need them to rewrap the driver's seat, the leather is bunching and it looks cheap.

·
Filmmaker
2,719 Posts
saw the top speed runs in Super speeders 3. this car is rediculous. wheelspin in the high triple digits, say what!????? haha

Matt

·
4,109 Posts
I would take the veyron over this. While the specs are insane, they really aren't that practical. I dunno about you guys, but I don't want wheelspin at 190mph; to say nothing of not taking this anywhere NEAR a racetrackohnoes:

·
Registered
413 Posts
Heh, SSC is based out of Spokane, WA. Its a pretty small operation. Not too impressed with the engineering though, its a typical tubular steel chassis. Nothing new or special. Just a shitload of power in a very slippery body!

·
Who's the Master?!
4,073 Posts
Heh, SSC is based out of Spokane, WA. Its a pretty small operation. Not too impressed with the engineering though, its a typical tubular steel chassis. Nothing new or special. Just a shitload of power in a very slippery body!

Not that damn slippery. It just has a shitload of power and a low weight. I'd like to know who makes that 6-speed tranny. Hmm, I just noticed it uses Diablo taillights as well (orange and white turn signals).

·
Registered
413 Posts

Not that damn slippery. It just has a shitload of power and a low weight. I'd like to know who makes that 6-speed tranny. Hmm, I just noticed it uses Diablo taillights as well (orange and white turn signals).
its that high? Wow, didn't think it'd be any more than .32 at the highest.

And is it just me, or are those ford focus headlamps?

edit: just saw the Cd in the spec list. Huh. Especially since the CCX is something like .297 or around there

1 - 20 of 25 Posts