Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
***TOP SECRET***
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking for any guides or tips on how to install a TH400 tranny and a quick changing rear end. Thanks for the help in advance.

·
its a slow auto...
3,363 Posts
quick change rear end? you going roundy round racing.lol... i know your from the south where the love stock car racing but stop it...

if you do a search under th400 you will find a bunch of info, as far as putting a rear in the car, why would you want to? just asking..

jay

·
***TOP SECRET***
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in the process on waiting for the boostlogic tranny to come back but I know that in the future that I'm going to need a 400 or a powerglide. I know that in the higher HP ranges with these cars, driveshafts tend to have problems as well as the rear ends. I'm just going ahead and planning out how to solve problems that other people I know have run into and that I will in the future. I would like to be able to put a better rear end so that when I plan on going to the track, I can spend an hour swapping it out for track usage.

·
Premium Member
12,619 Posts
Ohjustaguy said:
I know that in the higher HP ranges with these cars, driveshafts tend to have problems as well as the rear ends.
Huh? The MKIV IRS diff is virtually bulletproof. If you want to further strengthen it, simply install a TRD limited slip unit. Done.
I would like to be able to put a better rear end so that when I plan on going to the track, I can spend an hour swapping it out for track usage.
:wtflol: Good luck! :lol:

·
***TOP SECRET***
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts