Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
M

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys help me think better!

Ok first i have a 1986.5 supra with basicly a blow motor still runs but very bad.

Next i live in minnesota were you need to have a winter car because you dont want to hurt the supra :)

Third im in college i work full time but at target so like $900 a month but pure cash no rent well i have insurance and gas and FOOD

So this is whats up every once in a while i just get this urge to sell the supra and buy a car that is fast and that runs but i never do because i love my car! This is were i get confused if i keep my car i would need to buy a new winter car and put a 1JZ in my supra :) But if i sell it i have no supra and i would have a fast car year round ( i was looking at buying a talon TSI. So guys help me give me any info life story etc. that will help me. Because right now im so confused. LOL sorry to post this but need the help. even though its not technicly with a car!(but it is also)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,386 Posts
the eagle talons do put out some good numbers...i would drop a 7mgte engine..in your project..easier to get parts..etc etc....big difference in power then the stock engine you have now..
 

·
1/2 Na-T Project
Joined
·
987 Posts
MnDriver said:
So this is whats up every once in a while i just get this urge to sell the supra and buy a car that is fast and that runs but i never do because i love my car! This is were i get confused if i keep my car i would need to buy a new winter car and put a 1JZ in my supra :) But if i sell it i have no supra and i would have a fast car year round ( i was looking at buying a talon TSI. So guys help me give me any info life story etc. that will help me. Because right now im so confused. LOL sorry to post this but need the help. even though its not technicly with a car!(but it is also)
First, what is wrong with your current engine, a little more info would be good. Second if you think dropping a 1jz in is going to be cheap think again. Thirdly if you think a Talon will have less problems then the Supra you are in for a surprise. Just get a JDM 7MGTE and go from there.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,386 Posts
exactly
 

·
JZA70 448 rwhp everyday
Joined
·
2,994 Posts
Get a better job. I hate to say it, but it takes alot of $ to fund a project car, even a cheap ass supra.

~scott
 
M

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well i bought my car N/a with bad tranny. So i can drive it but it shaks like hell when exelerating. and just driving could be tires but i dont think it is. if you floor it randomly sometimes it will have (*SOME*) power but usally i just get a jumping feeling and yeah the 1JZ is kinda out there. 7MGTE is more realic. Would you guys get a clip or just the engien for the 7MGTE?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,386 Posts
you can get a complete swap ...just do a wanted to buy ad on the parts section
 
M

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
scottiedawg66 said:
Get a better job. I hate to say it, but it takes alot of $ to fund a project car, even a cheap ass supra.

~scott
I have about $400 every check to spend on the car. seriously so dunno what im going to do dam i love my supra i think i should keep it and just get a cheap ass truck or something and put all my money in the supra i love it. i just dont know damit this is hard.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,386 Posts
:wtflol: boy its good to be young and have no responsibilities
 
M

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Boosting89 said:
:wtflol: boy its good to be young and have no responsibilities
i know right im living with my aunt:) for free and going to college. all i do is sleep and use the computer when im home but thats barly ever. maybe 8 hours a day total.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
250 Posts
A wife, mortgage, 2 kids going to college, 4 cars with upkeep and gas................

Keep the Supra and drop a JDM in.
 

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
Joined
·
6,571 Posts
MnDriver said:
i know right im living with my aunt:) for free and going to college. all i do is sleep and use the computer when im home but thats barly ever. maybe 8 hours a day total.

fuck u dont realize how lucky u got it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
929 Posts
hell yea, its like the saying "you don't know what you have until its gone" man i wish i were you. i'd have a show winning 500hp supra by now if it wasn't for all them darn bills. but yea, 7mgte would be the easier route for you unless you have enough money to go straight to 1jz without having to worry about waiting until the next pay check to get this part and next pay check to get that part. this route would take forever.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top