Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Eye Kandy For Enthusiasts
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently putting on my front Bomex bumper (same one for the F&F) and i have the Greddy 3-Row FMIC, i just want to know whether you guys have had problems putting the Bomex front on, did the IC Core get in the way, if so what did you guys do to get around it.

Thanks

·
Registered
934 Posts
which part got in the way? cuz our IC basically sits BEHIND the crash bar... i dont know how it would truely get in the way.....

·
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the front bottom lip that sticks out towards the back hits my IC Core.

·
Inline for the win
4,770 Posts
You will have to cut the bumper for 3-row and you will have to trim the bumper crash bar on the ends to clear the fog light holes.

Not hard to do either of these.

DP

·
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Suprafied said:
You will have to cut the bumper for 3-row and you will have to trim the bumper crash bar on the ends to clear the fog light holes.

Not hard to do either of these.

DP

I didnt want to mess with it until i asked you guys, how hard is it to cut through the fiberglass, what did you guys use, do you have to keep it wet while you cut so that fiberglass fragments dont fly everywhere.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
i had to trim the bottom piece. its just basic cutting just make sure you cut it stright

·
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i hope you dont have to cut too much off, i just dont want to ruin the bomex bumper lines, you only get one shot at this.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I had to cut the inside. Can't remember how much, but it completely took the Bomex sticker. The bodyman used masking tape where it needed to be cut. It made the cut nicer without splinters. They used a dremel type of tool, but bigger.

·
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Grumpy said:
I had to cut the inside. Can't remember how much, but it completely took the Bomex sticker. The bodyman used masking tape where it needed to be cut. It made the cut nicer without splinters. They used a dremel type of tool, but bigger.

Did you install the bumper yourself or did you have your bodyshop do the work.

·
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Eric_C said:
DONT DO IT MAN. you still have time. dont be an all out ricer.

what are you talking about, as much as i like the stock body, i think a little change wont hurt

·
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
mifesto said:
wats so rice about the bomex kit.. i love it. really shows off the fmic without going nuts... but hey just my opinion

Agreed, i think it looks really good, one of my favorites, i think my second choice would be the Do Luck front bumper, that also show of the FMIC really well.

·
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Did you guys have a little bit of the bumper stick out on the sides, right behind the headlights towards the bottom side of the fenders. Cause i am experiencing this right now.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
okay got to homedepot and get apiece of 4' aluminum or stainlesteal and just conect it to the bottom of the bumber and pull it in untill its where u want it... if u need picture i could hook u up later in the day

·
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
hockyplyer18 said:
okay got to homedepot and get apiece of 4' aluminum or stainlesteal and just conect it to the bottom of the bumber and pull it in untill its where u want it... if u need picture i could hook u up later in the day

yeah dude, that would be nice if you could post a few pics of the install, that will really help.
Thanks

1 - 20 of 24 Posts