Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im about to pull the trigger on the AEM infinity 6 but a bit confused on which route to go , so i contacted boomslang for the patch harness and they said that there harness runs in parallel with the stock ECU , so that the stock ECU controls the DBW on my 2jzgte vvti and the aem infinity 6 controls the rest and also theres another shop that sells patch harnesses and he claims that his doesnt need the factory ecu it replaces the factory ecu and the aem infinty 6 controls DBW and everything boomslang are known for there harnesses but the idea of running 2 ecus is new to me and im afraid that its gonna give me headaches when i tune the car .. and the other shop is a fairly new shop and dont know anyone running there harnesses if anyone could please chime in and help or recommend something .. im also aware that suprastore sells patch harnesses for the aristo VVTI but they dont seem to reply to there emails?

also if anyone would recommend me any other ECU that has a pnp harness for the vvti my budget is 2300$

Thanks

·
Registered
299 Posts
Swap over to a traditional non dbw throttle body and use just the aem to run everything.
This unless you have a auto transmission in which case your only option is to run the stock ecu in the loop.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Contrary to the posts above I say keep the DBW and run two ECUs in parallel. The HKS FCon V-Pro was set up to run like this on numerous cars with zero ill effect. Same goes for most piggybacks. The benefit is the standard ECU monitors knock very well and when it detects any knock it will shut the DBW throttle to save your engine regardless of whether you stay on the throttle or not.

I don't know about the Infinity 6, but if it cannot control DBW then I'd retain the stock ECU. I'm sure someone on here will know.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
another shop that sells patch harnesses and he claims that his doesnt need the factory ecu it replaces the factory ecu and the aem infinty 6 controls DBW
The infinity 6 can control dbw. Both patch harnesses you mention are custom made. That being said, using the infinity to control dbw comes down to whether or not the harness is wired up to do so. I personally wouldn't run the two ecu's in parallel just to allow the stock one to control dbw. That sounds unnecessary.

·
Registered
923 Posts
The infinity 6 can control dbw. Both patch harnesses you mention are custom made. That being said, using the infinity to control dbw comes down to whether or not the harness is wired up to do so. I personally wouldn't run the two ecu's in parallel just to allow the stock one to control dbw. That sounds unnecessary.
Agreed, and if the OP chooses to have the stock ECU control the DBW, the idle target RPM will also be factory which is something like 650RPM. Most cars will not idle at 650RPM with goodies like larger cams, big injectors, etc... Choose the harness that makes the Infinity control everything (if the car is not auto).

·
King Ding-a-ling!
3,195 Posts
Personally, I don't see a reason to run parallel ECUs unless you are trying to control an automatic tranny which unfortunately Infinity can't do.

Here is a video courtesy of Vlad from National Speed:

·
Registered
93 Posts
My IS300 is also parallel running Haltech E6x I really wish I could remove it but I need it for the dash no issues though. My PS2000 that's going in soon will be the same. If your not stuck on infinity I seen a few vendors (induction and sp i think) having pretty good sales on Pro-Efi or theres a guy in the for sale section with a pro-efi.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts