Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys that have a smaller single turbo with the stock maf like it? Does it feel like much more power than just bpu or ttc? How does it compare to a strong bpu supra?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
480 Posts
Im going single with the stock fuel, i cant wait to see how it feels. a lot of people tell me it is a HUGE difference. also that i would never go back to stock twins ever again.. but i wont know that till i drive the car when its done. there is a thread that was made like a week ago about single turbos and stuff scroll down and read what they say... titled 'Does anyone regret going Single turbo'
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
814 Posts
im currently on MAF on a 67mm n its a HUGEEEEE different, im ditching the MAF next week n gettin a VPC/SAFC/Wideband combo goin so ill post how that is!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
480 Posts
Im all JDM with JDM injectors... i tested the jdm injectors.. and they dont seem to be 440cc... but from what the flow test showed the guy at the shop told me thier around 480-490cc.. so im probably going to stick with the jdm. I just cant find any resister packs to use along with my usdm injectors :( .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
993 Posts
I was there once .... you'll never go back ... just don't exceed 500rwhp
 

·
EchoDeDupra
Joined
·
4,122 Posts
t-88 34d with a maf.... I made roughly 500 rwhp...

now i have a map ecu and no maf .... havn't had a chance to re-dyno
 

·
Very Senior Member
Joined
·
10,053 Posts
house_of_senate said:
Do you guys that have a smaller single turbo with the stock maf like it? Does it feel like much more power than just bpu or ttc? How does it compare to a strong bpu supra?
I have 57 trim, MAF, stock fuel. It feels a lot better than BPU, except below about 3300 rpm. And I'm not running over 16 psi yet.
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I ran a t61 on a cast mani for a while. Just be careful, make sure you can monitor A/F's.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
446 Posts
I have a smaller single w/ a cast manifold on stock fuel and map ecu. The spool feels somewhere between ttc and sequential but more toward ttc. At 23 psi it blows away bpu according to my butt dyno and full boost is earlier. I suggest you get a methanol injection kit to help the stock fuel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
814 Posts
Yea meth is definately a good choice for stock fuel, ull probably need the largest pump they have, n two injectors because since your on stock fuel you'll also be using the methanol as additional fuel, not just for the cooling effect! i plan on spraying meth soon n i've heard nothing but good reviews about it!
 

·
King Ding-a-ling!
Joined
·
3,195 Posts
I am running a T-70 / cast manifold / MAP ECU. BPU is/was a joke compared to this. I do have failsafes in place incase I exceed 16 PSI and Meth injection on the way along with a fuel upgrade in progress too. It is nice to have this much power / torque on tap without racing fuel and no sign of knock.

Brandon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,326 Posts
I've heard that upgrading fuel would be a great safety measure even if the injectors can handle it - better safe than sorry. can anyone comment about that?
 

·
BPU is so 1997
Joined
·
5,349 Posts
sks said:
I've heard that upgrading fuel would be a great safety measure even if the injectors can handle it - better safe than sorry. can anyone comment about that?
Ask the guys that have blown their motors running singles on stock fuel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
446 Posts
sks said:
I've heard that upgrading fuel would be a great safety measure even if the injectors can handle it - better safe than sorry. can anyone comment about that?
I think fuel is the best and correct way to go. But for me, I'm a broke college student so meth inj. was way more cost effective. I also live in cali where 91 oct is the highest and it's quite a drive just to get race fuel.
 

·
ur moms favourite
Joined
·
1,405 Posts
d0cktor said:
Im all JDM with JDM injectors... i tested the jdm injectors.. and they dont seem to be 440cc... but from what the flow test showed the guy at the shop told me thier around 480-490cc.. so im probably going to stick with the jdm. I just cant find any resister packs to use along with my usdm injectors :( .
A friend of mine had his JDM 440's tested and came up with the same results - all 480cc+
 

·
yeah thats me!
Joined
·
2,570 Posts
on a JDM motor with a subtle single upgrade what injectors are recommended?
I have my resistor from my 7M, which i think takes care of hi imp injectors. what else is needed?

-ian
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
993 Posts
sks said:
I've heard that upgrading fuel would be a great safety measure even if the injectors can handle it - better safe than sorry. can anyone comment about that?
Of course!!.... but, you can safely run low boost on a Single (15-18 psi) on stock fuel with a fpr/vpc/afc combo...not exceeding 500 rwhp... and meth woiuld be a good idea also
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
well i will be on stock fuel for a couple months months anyway....my turbo kit should be here this week though. 60-1. what else would you think i should get if i go the vpc route?

also, for the cheapest way to upgrade fuel...would throwing in a walbro 255 or something help at all? or am i just going to have to go all out with inj and everything.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
993 Posts
house_of_senate said:
well i will be on stock fuel for a couple months months anyway....my turbo kit should be here this week though. 60-1. what else would you think i should get if i go the vpc route?

also, for the cheapest way to upgrade fuel...would throwing in a walbro 255 or something help at all? or am i just going to have to go all out with inj and everything.
With the amount of Hp your running you won't need another fuel pump....although, you could run dual Supra Pumps instead of the walbro. All you really need is FPR and VPC/AFC combo or MAP-ECU
 
1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Top