Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Supra OG
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Read all about it here: http://www.boostaholic.com/tmp/TWS_6_30_2001/index.html

Thanks to Jeff Watson and everybody at NASA Texas for running such a great event.
NASA Texas runs by far THE coolest track events I've been to.

Rich and Vinnie, it was cool meeting you guys. See y'all next time!

Regards,
Andi

[ July 02, 2001: Message edited by: Andi ]

·
Registered
513 Posts
Originally posted by Andi:
<STRONG>Read all about it here: http://www.boostaholic.com/tmp/TWS_6_30_2001/index.html

Thanks to Jeff Watson and everybody at NASA Texas for running such a great event.
NASA Texas runs by far THE coolest track events I've been to.

[ July 02, 2001: Message edited by: Andi ]</STRONG>
Sounds like you had a good weekend. A 2:01 on street tires is a great time. Bozos like the guy in the Corvette are very annoying. If a car is on your bumper lap after lap, it doesn't matter how many car lengths you put on them on the straights. You're slower than they are and should let them pass. Let them by, and while you might have to go a little slower on the straight, they will pull away from you later in the lap. You might learn something following somebody faster than you to boot.

·
Supra OG
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Eric:
<STRONG>Sounds like you had a good weekend. A 2:01 on street tires is a great time. </STRONG>
Thanks!

<STRONG>
Bozos like the guy in the Corvette are very annoying. If a car is on your bumper lap after lap, it doesn't matter how many car lengths you put on them on the straights. You're slower than they are and should let them pass. Let them by, and while you might have to go a little slower on the straight, they will pull away from you later in the lap. You might learn something following somebody faster than you to boot.</STRONG>
Great words, I couldn't agree more. In fact that's exactly what I had to do the one time I got passed this weekend by a well driven Viper GTS on Hoosiers.

BTW I did pull a bit on the Vette on the straight, just not enough to make it past him without out-braking him from 130mph at the end of the straight. ;)

Andi

[ July 02, 2001: Message edited by: Andi ]

S

·
0 Posts
Is that the *main* rule when it comes to etiqutte?

Is there a link to some more rules to follow?

I would like to try it in the near future (possibly) and don't want to piss anybody off :)

·
Supra OG
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Greg,

I'm not sure if these so called "rules" are written down anywhere (I couldn't find them on the web), but you can be sure your instructor will go over them very sternly with you the first time you go out on the track at a DE/lapping event.

That having been said, basically all you need is common sense. Don't over drive your own skill levels, and start slow. If somebody fills your mirrors, obviously they're faster than you or they wouldn't have caught up with you. Even if they have less motor on the straight, you should let them by (by letting off and waving them by) as after a couple turns they'll start pulling away from you. Even if they do have a fast car, unless it's WAY faster than yours, most likely you will have to let off for a bit to allow them to make a safe and clean pass.

That should cover it, as long as you remember.. COMMON SENSE is the big rule that seems to be so uncommon out there.. :rolleyes:

Regards,
Andi

·
Supra OG
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Watch www.TxMKIV.com for future events such as this. I'm planning on going to some more NASA-Tx Texas World Speedway events, as well as The Drivers' Edge Hallett Weekend.

Andi

Originally posted by soarer 300:
<STRONG>Andy,

Sounds like you had a great weekend (as if you haven't already mentioned that in the title... :)).

The write up was very informative. Please keep us posted on further events. I'm only about 6 hours from Dallas so it ain't no thang... ;)</STRONG>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts