Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I just drove a total of 1500 miles in 26 hours. My company wanted me to drive from Jax FL to Norfolk VA (home office) to go through a fire extiguisher class. Moronius. That gives a lot of time to think about fuel systems. If you gave your fuel pump a constant 18 volts, and upgraded the fuel rail and injectors to 720cc, would that be enough fuel to support, say, 600 rwhp? Would it fry your fuel pump? Thanks for the input. I also came uo with the coolest body kit mods I've never seen but those are mine to keep. :)

Eric

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SupraWood said:
where are you going to get 18v?
You can use a transformer to turn 12V into 18V. You may need bigger wires to support the increased current on the 12V side.

As to the original question, the fuel rail and injectors are about half of the cost of a full fuel system. The stock FPR won't work with an aftermarket fuel rail. The stock pump won't supply enough fuel for 720cc injectors even with higher voltage; you need a second pump or a much bigger single pump. I doubt the stock plumbing will support 600hp.

In other words, you need to do everything to reach your power goal. Remember, the goal for a fuel system is to support way more power than you're actually going to run so you don't risk going lean.

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I went to Speedcraft yesterday to have new belts and cam gears installed with some dynoing. I ran the idea by them and they said "You want to make your car fast, not half-assed". It looks like the new fuel system is a must. But I gained 30 rwhp on the dyno and a hellofa lot more midrange thanks to new coil packs, cam gears, and 54 dyno pulls. The clutch got toasted on the last few runs though so I'm getting that this weekend. When it finally did catch, the final numbers were 463.6 at 1.1 bar. Not too shabby for a motor with 152500 miles with original fuel injectors and pump.

Eric

T-78 (stock fuel and chicken fried clutch)

·
SupraForums Member
434 Posts
YOu cant get 18Vdc out of 12VDC, unless you have 12VAC. Transformers only work with an Oscillating input voltage.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts