Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Hallman Pro MBC on order. Just wondering if anyone can show pictures of how/where they have their controller mounted? Thanks alot!!

·
teh DJ
413 Posts
Not a hallman...but I have a Forge MBC.....there is where I mounted mine...

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Clean....

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
RRocket said:
I have a Hallman Pro MBC on order. Just wondering if anyone can show pictures of how/where they have their controller mounted? Thanks alot!!
Sure buddy, here are some pics of mine and where I mounted it. I didnt want it to show very much and wanted it on a part of the car which was very stable. Let me know if I can be of any further help.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow...that's in there tight. Pretty slick set-up.....what is the MBC mounted to?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
RRocket said:
Wow...that's in there tight. Pretty slick set-up.....what is the MBC mounted to?
The canister bolt. You will see when you get the Hallman, it comes with a mounting bracket.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've never installed a MBC....will the instructions at MKIV.vom be sufficient? Any extra pointers you can provide?

·
Registered
687 Posts
The instructions work on mkiv.com. Hmmm pointers? Umm don't install when the engine is hot..... haha. Anyways, it's pretty easy and straight forward.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Note to self: Don't do MBC install after being caught in a traffic jam...

·
Registered
1,730 Posts

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
FANTASTIC!! Everyone..thanks for the pics, the links and the advice!! Will let you know how it goes!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
FANTASTIC!! Everyone..thanks for the pics, the links and the advice!! Will let you know how it goes!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just to double check..the wastegate actuator..it's just above the alternator??

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Looks so simple...Makes me want to get a MBC

·
Registered
934 Posts
yeah the wastegate is the circular bell-like housing right near the alternator... yeah i think its right above it (its early morning my brains not working).....

if u look, the wastegate actuator has two vacuum lines (top and bottom). the bottom goes to the vsv and the top goes to the first turbo. ur suppose to remove the bottom one, then cap both sides. u 'T' the top vacuum.

i mounted mine right below the intake (i have cone filter) fabing a simple mount out of aluminum. theres a few free bolt holes u can mount on. i also have the intake box (watever its called yeah its early hehe) so the hallman is REALLY hidden.... i love it. i also like this location cuz it means the two vacuum line going to the mbc is really short.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hmmmm...the instruction don't say to "T" the top vacuum...am I missing something?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
RRocket said:
Hmmmm...the instruction don't say to "T" the top vacuum...am I missing something?
its very easy, just have the hose from the bottom on the mbc go to the compressor housing off the first turbo, then have the side hose from the mbc going to the wastegate nipple pointing down. That’s it.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok...so like the instructions say...there is not "T"....correct?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
RRocket said:
Ok...so like the instructions say...there is not "T"....correct?
correct. no T

1 - 20 of 25 Posts