Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
A Dog who can Computer
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about switching to a Haltech E11 instead of the AEM. With some of the bad experiences I've been hearing with the AEM, it's put me off on it. I had an AEM in my old 240sx and it worked really well, but I never heard of the problems that the 2JZ has had with the AEM in the 240 and SR20 worlds.

I've been turned to the Haltech because of its features as well as the price. Since SF is a wealth of information, I would like to hear what some of the resident gurus here think of the Haltech unit.

If I could, I would go MoTec or V-Pro, but I don't have the money for a MoTec and there aren't any Pro Dealers in MN for the V-Pro.

Thanks.

p.s. I did search, and read, and got some good info, just wanted to get more. :)

·
Glad to be back
2,180 Posts
That is what I'm going to be getting for my supra. The Haltech USA officer is actually here in lexington, Ky. We also have a certified Haltech tuner in town, www.injectedperformance.com . I've seen nothing but great results with this ECU.

·
Cartographer
2,887 Posts
Thinking about switching to a Haltech E11 instead of the AEM. With some of the bad experiences I've been hearing with the AEM, it's put me off on it. I had an AEM in my old 240sx and it worked really well, but I never heard of the problems that the 2JZ has had with the AEM in the 240 and SR20 worlds.

I've been turned to the Haltech because of its features as well as the price. Since SF is a wealth of information, I would like to hear what some of the resident gurus here think of the Haltech unit.

If I could, I would go MoTec or V-Pro, but I don't have the money for a MoTec and there aren't any Pro Dealers in MN for the V-Pro.

Thanks.

p.s. I did search, and read, and got some good info, just wanted to get more. :)
If you are buying new I would actually look at the new Sport series from Haltech (available in PNP format for the Supra). They are a lot better in the software department than the E11 (which always has had good hardware). Let me know if you need any more info!

·
A Dog who can Computer
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you are buying new I would actually look at the new Sport series from Haltech (available in PNP format for the Supra). They are a lot better in the software department than the E11 (which always has had good hardware). Let me know if you need any more info!
yeah, the new Platinum series looks like a really nice unit. I just went over to Haltech's site and they got rid of the e11. :(

For the new Platinum sports, do you recommend the 1000 or the 2000?

·
Registered
206 Posts
eh? I have an e11v2 on its way.....

its the platinum that much better? should i ditch the e11v2 before i even get started with it?

Haltech removed it from their site? ... is support going to disapear?
oh noes......

·
A Dog who can Computer
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
eh? I have an e11v2 on its way.....

its the platinum that much better? should i ditch the e11v2 before i even get started with it?

Haltech removed it from their site? ... is support going to disapear?
oh noes......
it's not on their product menu anymore. :confused:

I had to search for it to bring it up.

·
wastegate hose is pulled
4,586 Posts
Haltech actually makes some pretty decent stuff. I'm surprised more guys don't look into it.

Microtech, I was moderately amused by the race car sound when you open the software but, the fun stopped there.

·
Domestics Won't Dig Me!!
480 Posts
yeah, the new Platinum series looks like a really nice unit. I just went over to Haltech's site and they got rid of the e11. :(

For the supra I recomend the sport 2000 since it's full sequential and direct fire ignition on a 6cyl. Our in house tuner Crispeed tunes and use a lot of Haltech ecus and have done many Supras with them. From what I've seen their injector driver control is much better than AEM. Idle with 1600cc inj is very very good.
I use the E8 ecu on my 8sec street EVO and start up and driveability is much better than the AEM. The quick start up impressed me the most.

·
Registered
84 Posts

Ok, the E11v2 and E8 ECUs are still being offered until stock runs out. The PSport 2000 will be the system of choice for the 6 cylinder markets and a Plug n Play option for the MK4 Supra is currently available, so for all you AEM users upgrading would not be a problem, just swap out your box for the Haltech kit. The Sport 2000 box (like the E11v2) will let you do full sequential fueling and direct fire ignition, NO MORE WASTED SPARK! And the base map provided for the 2JZ, although configured for a stock engine with its twin turbos, can easily be modified to suit your current level of tune.

My own personal MK3 has been fitted with a Psport2000 and hopefully next week i can get some dyno time with it. So far, idle, part throttle and cold start need minute twaeking, but other than that it runs like a dream. Haltech's new ECU Manager software package is a dream come true, it simply makes everything soooooo much more easy to do, you can customize the look and layout of your screens with multiple (unlimited) layout options at your disposal.

Please visit this thread for more info on the PSport Units:

http://forums.haltech.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2569

And here's my own thread with my MK3 project build.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=500668

If anybody has any specific or tech questions about any of the Haltech products they can contact me at any time. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,349 Posts
Just installed a Sport 2000 into my brother's JZA80 with the plug n play harness, it's a sweet unit from what I can tell. Haven't fired it up or anything yet, still finalizing some stuff, but it looks like it'll be real nice to use.

:)

Jeff

·
A Dog who can Computer
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Ok, the E11v2 and E8 ECUs are still being offered until stock runs out. The PSport 2000 will be the system of choice for the 6 cylinder markets and a Plug n Play option for the MK4 Supra is currently available, so for all you AEM users upgrading would not be a problem, just swap out your box for the Haltech kit. The Sport 2000 box (like the E11v2) will let you do full sequential fueling and direct fire ignition, NO MORE WASTED SPARK! And the base map provided for the 2JZ, although configured for a stock engine with its twin turbos, can easily be modified to suit your current level of tune.

My own personal MK3 has been fitted with a Psport2000 and hopefully next week i can get some dyno time with it. So far, idle, part throttle and cold start need minute twaeking, but other than that it runs like a dream. Haltech's new ECU Manager software package is a dream come true, it simply makes everything soooooo much more easy to do, you can customize the look and layout of your screens with multiple (unlimited) layout options at your disposal.

Please visit this thread for more info on the PSport Units:

http://forums.haltech.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2569

And here's my own thread with my MK3 project build.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=500668

If anybody has any specific or tech questions about any of the Haltech products they can contact me at any time. Enjoy!
thanks for the info.

also, thanks crispeed and [email protected]

I'm assuming the PSport units can also come with just the wiring loom to be installed on anything correct?

edit: here is another concern of mine:
What do you mean by 'support' ? It will not have drive-by-wire control, though it will read a dbw 0-5v tps in when run in parallel with a stock computer.
so, if I understand this, I would need to run the PSport parallel with my stock ecu to control DBW? Quote was taken from the thread in the Haltech forum.

·
Domestics Won't Dig Me!!
480 Posts
so, if I understand this, I would need to run the PSport parallel with my stock ecu to control DBW? Quote was taken from the thread in the Haltech forum.
What's the actual application?

·
A Dog who can Computer
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Lexus IS300
You will have to leave the stock ecu in place to run the dash, DBW, auto tranny if so equipped and VVTI if you don't want to have control over it.
On basic stock type IS300 setups I run the Haltech in parallel with the stock ecu.

·
Premier Tuner
404 Posts
Platinum S2000 FTW.

Just got ours for the IS300 race car. And to top it off the best is that it has USB.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts