Supra Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Group B FAN!
657 Posts
Ok, the E11v2 and E8 ECUs are still being offered until stock runs out. The PSport 2000 will be the system of choice for the 6 cylinder markets and a Plug n Play option for the MK4 Supra is currently available, so for all you AEM users upgrading would not be a problem, just swap out your box for the Haltech kit. The Sport 2000 box (like the E11v2) will let you do full sequential fueling and direct fire ignition, NO MORE WASTED SPARK! And the base map provided for the 2JZ, although configured for a stock engine with its twin turbos, can easily be modified to suit your current level of tune.

My own personal MK3 has been fitted with a Psport2000 and hopefully next week i can get some dyno time with it. So far, idle, part throttle and cold start need minute twaeking, but other than that it runs like a dream. Haltech's new ECU Manager software package is a dream come true, it simply makes everything soooooo much more easy to do, you can customize the look and layout of your screens with multiple (unlimited) layout options at your disposal.

Please visit this thread for more info on the PSport Units:

http://forums.haltech.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2569

And here's my own thread with my MK3 project build.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=500668

If anybody has any specific or tech questions about any of the Haltech products they can contact me at any time. Enjoy!
Hey Claudio is good to hear from you my friend i got an advise for you, check the forum rules and modified your signature before you got grounded for "non supporting vendor links in sig." have a good one PAPA!

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
So from what I can tell it will run a 2JZ sequentially with 12 injectors. How many outputs would I have left over to do other stuff?

Justin

Specs Sheet for Platinum Sport 2000:
http://www.haltech.com/downloads/platinum/Platinum Sport 2000 Specifications.pdf
Total of 14 injector/ignition outputs so on a Supra you only have 2 spare injector if you want to run direct ignition. There are 4 PWM on top of that, and also stepper outputs it looks like. I have been very impressed with the Haltech Platinum hardware/software (have used it for a while on the 350Z platform). The E11 has always been a nice piece of hardware in need of a software update.

·
Premier Tuner
404 Posts
So from what I can tell it will run a 2JZ sequentially with 12 injectors. How many outputs would I have left over to do other stuff?

Justin

Specs Sheet for Platinum Sport 2000:
http://www.haltech.com/downloads/platinum/Platinum Sport 2000 Specifications.pdf
Negative, you can run 6 injectors sequentially, 6 coils direct fire, then you will be left with two more outputs (14 total as John said). You can use the two remaining outputs to control 6 more injectors is batch fire mode as your secondary injectors.

Also note that Haltechs can run low impedance injectors without the use of a resistor/driver box. As a matter of fact you can run 2 low impedance injectors per channel.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
So how would you guys configure a 12 injector setup?

Potentially I could use 6 high impedance and 6 low impedance injectors.

Regards,
Justin

·
Registered
248 Posts
I didnt know the E11 was replaced that quick, damn it i should have wait for the platinum .....

·
Wheel Werkes
1,251 Posts
So all in all, how would this compare to the AEM? Yes I know some have had there problems. But that aside how would they compare? I understand that the AEM has the ability to tune each individual cylinder. Does the Haltech PS2K do this also? What about something like anit lag and traction control?

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
So all in all, how would this compare to the AEM? Yes I know some have had there problems. But that aside how would they compare? I understand that the AEM has the ability to tune each individual cylinder. Does the Haltech PS2K do this also? What about something like anit lag and traction control?
The E11/PS2000 does all the above except traction control. The boost by gear does work and very well also.

·
Wheel Werkes
1,251 Posts
The E11/PS2000 does all the above except traction control. The boost by gear does work and very well also.
Reason i ask is because im considering switching from AEM to the new Haltech. I know for one the the layout looks ALOT more user friendly. And the way its setup up looks great. But would i gain anything from switching over.

I believe the my car still runs waste spark system with the AEM where as the Haltech wouldnt be. And my car MIGHT also be batch fire not sure. I would just like to know true advantages before i make my decision.

·
ma70-7m=1JZ
2,517 Posts
I have run the E11v2 in my car, and its been great, I installed and tuned it, then a week later drove it 1800 miles each way to Vegas and back (SILV 08) without a hickup. I will be installing a Platinum Sport 2000 this spring. The software is better in the Platinums, but hardware wise they are pretty similar units, there isnt really many more options on the Sport ECU's, the USB cable is nice though. The E11v2 is still a great computer, the Sport software is just a little flashier.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Negative, you can run 6 injectors sequentially, 6 coils direct fire, then you will be left with two more outputs (14 total as John said). You can use the two remaining outputs to control 6 more injectors is batch fire mode as your secondary injectors.

Also note that Haltechs can run low impedance injectors without the use of a resistor/driver box. As a matter of fact you can run 2 low impedance injectors per channel.
Could you run 3 low impedance injectors per driver? I'm worried this would overload the drivers?

Regards,
Justin

·
Registered
248 Posts
Reason i ask is because im considering switching from AEM to the new Haltech. I know for one the the layout looks ALOT more user friendly. And the way its setup up looks great. But would i gain anything from switching over.

I believe the my car still runs waste spark system with the AEM where as the Haltech wouldnt be. And my car MIGHT also be batch fire not sure. I would just like to know true advantages before i make my decision.
For one thing it is more consistent than the AEM.....

·
Premier Tuner
404 Posts
So how would you guys configure a 12 injector setup?

Potentially I could use 6 high impedance and 6 low impedance injectors.

Regards,
Justin
Perfect, use the low impedance injectors as your primaries and run them sequentially. Use the remaining two injector outputs to run the high impedance as your secondaries, three injectors per driver.

·
Premier Tuner
404 Posts
Could you run 3 low impedance injectors per driver? I'm worried this would overload the drivers?

Regards,
Justin
Absolutely NOT!

·
Registered
248 Posts
What do you mean?

I know the 30-1050 box we use on the IS300 is a VERY good box. I have never heard anyone have a problem with it.

I bought mine when they first came out ,i could have been wrong about the tuning or the unit still has many bugs in it but drivablity seems to be inconsistent with the AEM..It's based on my experience though.....
Btw i checked with Haltech the new PS2000 has the same socket with the E11 and upgrading the Evu unit should be easy....

21 - 37 of 37 Posts