·
old school poster
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone ever install haltech on a 2jz?

what ignitor set-up did you use?

how did you do the trigger?

any help or ideas would be apreciated.
would've searched first but the search is disabled.

·
NSW supra club Member
475 Posts
hey,that is a good question as i would like to know too.
I own a Haltech E6K,but it was on my Rotary and now that i bought a supra,i would maybe consider putting it in that.
the Haltech was very good in the rotar so i imagine it would be even better on the 2jz.
The only thing im worried about is loosing all my electrical seats,doors,mirrow and all the rest.
I would like to know if you can use the haltech for FUEL and IGNITION only,and use the original ecu for the rest of the equipment.
So any1 out there that knows?

Can i ask you the reason you want the Haltech in it?every1 seems to be going the power fc,apexi or such that cost a lot more.

·
old school poster
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i went haltech because i am using a 2jz on a mkiii. i didnt want to deal with rewiring the the car so i can put a stock 2jz computer in. i am going to run my haltech parallel with my stock ECU.

S

·
0 Posts
titesupra said:
anyone ever install haltech on a 2jz?

what ignitor set-up did you use?

how did you do the trigger?

any help or ideas would be apreciated.
would've searched first but the search is disabled.
I have an Haltech E6K in my car, it is a complete replacement for the factory ECU (manual only).
I purchased a Fields ECU harness and wired my own Haltech to Supra loom adaptor, it took a while but I got everything to work.
(And I haven't touched the factory loom, so I can fit the factory
computer for registration in under an hour).
I have the Haltech controlling:
The factory igniter (although I am presently upgrading to CDI)
The factory idle air controller motor (excellent for cold start and
when using air cond)
Air cond request (turns air cond off at set rpm or throttle position)
Thermofans
Shift light
Factory tacho (Although I had to send the E6K back to Haltech to be modified for 12V square wave output instead of 5V)
I have used all the original crank and cam sensors and they work fine so far.
I even have the built in two step working.

The power steer and ABS are uneffected, the only thing that I have yet to get working is the cruise.

regards
Joseph

·
old school poster
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the input. how does yours have a two step? mine didnt seem to come with one. maybe i am missing something.

S

·
0 Posts
titesupra said:
thanks for the input. how does yours have a two step? mine didnt seem to come with one. maybe i am missing something.

The E6K has an auxiliary rpm limit that you can set for ignition cut at any rpm.

Pin 1 is the Spare A/D input, you need to wire this via a momentary switch to pin 18 (+5V) and set the Spare input function (Input/Output page) to Aux. Rpm limit, then on the Main set up page set the Aux rpm to the rpm you want and also set to ignition cut.

cheers
Joseph

·
old school poster
464 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cool, thanks for the info.

did you use the coils in waste spark mode? if so how did you wire that part up? or did you just use the coils individually?

S

·
0 Posts
titesupra said:
cool, thanks for the info.

did you use the coils in waste spark mode? if so how did you wire that part up? or did you just use the coils individually?

I have the ignition set up as waste spark, wired as follows:

Haltech Original Igniter
Ign Out 1 - Igniter input 1&6
Ign Out 2 (Dig Out 1) - Igniter input 5&2
Ign Out 3 (Dig Out 2) - Igniter input 3&4

1 - 8 of 8 Posts