Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· BestMotorsports
759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gas Supra, official National Record holder in Australia, has changed ECU from Motec M800 to the new Haltech ECU (Platinum Sport 2000). We did test run on our in house dyno testing facilty. Test results were beyond our expectations, Haltech ECU has produced massive power output of 1384.5HP- this is our in house record. As a result of high power increase thanks to the new Haltech ECU, Gas team has decided to install this ECU in our drag racing car Gas Celica

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZZjsYWa6vg

Anyone have experience with the Haltech ECU, this team seems to be having better results so they changed?

· Motec - Race Smart
1,146 Posts
Both ecus are capable of running a 2JZ and making tons of power on a dyno. The difference is the M800 is a much more powerful ecu in terms of software,flexability, I/O control, and datalogging.

To say that they gained horsepower by simply switching ecus is total bs. I like the new haltech ecus, the software and hardware seems to be pretty solid. I have been testing a PS2000 on Nero's hardtop for a while now and it is working great, but it's still no comparison to the capability of an M800.

-Darin

· Premium Member
7,958 Posts
i agree, just switching to a different ecu doesn't pick up power. this test wasnt done on the same day month or even year, so saying that they "picked up power" is a weird statment. I think the haltech is a great alternative to AEM, ProEFI, and ecus like that.

· Registered
7,859 Posts
Here are my opinion on such items. If the EMS came from the land down under. It is good! :)

The question is does it do what the particular user requires?

· Registered
7,859 Posts
Gas Supra, official National Record holder in Australia, has changed ECU from Motec M800 to the new Haltech ECU (Platinum Sport 2000). We did test run on our in house dyno testing facilty. Test results were beyond our expectations, Haltech ECU has produced massive power output of 1384.5HP- this is our in house record. As a result of high power increase thanks to the new Haltech ECU, Gas team has decided to install this ECU in our drag racing car Gas Celica

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZZjsYWa6vg

Anyone have experience with the Haltech ECU, this team seems to be having better results so they changed?
Not for anything, and I have harped on this before. An EMS worth is not ultimate horsepower otherwise by that logic, all EMS fail against a mechanical system with magnetos.

Takes more than power to convince me that the EMS in question is a consideration!

· Vendor
4,627 Posts

· Premium Member
2,919 Posts
LOL, I need to order up one of these magic ECUs! Haltech must pressure test the cases with nitrous, and it transfers through the wires into the injectors.

Or nobody sync'd the timing on either of the ECUs....

In all seriousness though, the Haltech is a nice piece for the price range it is in, and I have had great luck with them on different applications. But don't expect a peak hp change with most any ECU if they are all setup/tuned right.

· DoRi?
1,064 Posts
The only thing i could see is different tunes. But in reality i dont see haltech being in the same league as motec m800. Sounds to me that someone lost their motec sponsor..... And got a deal with haltech..... Just my 2cents

· Registered
1,421 Posts
LOL, I need to order up one of these magic ECUs! Haltech must pressure test the cases with nitrous, and it transfers through the wires into the injectors.
Why are you not telling the entire story. You know once 'CAN' is enabled the 'Nitro' gets injected directly! :lol:

Or nobody sync'd the timing on either of the ECUs....
Many know how to 'sync' but others forget about 'drift'.

· **** Tuner
835 Posts
an ecu is only as powerful as the geek sitting behind the keyboard..

my 2 cents..

· Registered
1,070 Posts
Does Motec have an application that is plug and play for tuning the new GTR? haltech spent plenty of time getting that going, is this just Gas banking on picking up business if they're known as the goto guys for tuning a haltech platinum (e.g. the haltech r35 plug'n'play)

I don't understand how an ecu change - particularly a top notch unit like the M800, can drastically change the peap power.

· Vendor
4,627 Posts
MoTeC has no 'PnP' boxes outside of the "OEM M800" boxes they offer which are only for the Subaru WRX and Mitsubishi Evolutions of certain generations.

· Registered
1,421 Posts
Is that like D1 man?
About the same but you need a timing light to get in on the action! :lol:
Anyway my blow-tru carb setup match with my locked distrubutor is leagues above any of the ecu's mention above.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.