Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I am pulling my hair out on this one. I have a haltech PS2000 installed with a long harness in my s13. I can't get a crank sensor setup to work right. I went back to stock trigger wheel/sensor from my 60-2 wheel setup. That got me running but after getting some fuel settings correct I was getting a random buck/backfire when driving. It was always when I would be under throttle/load. Light or moderate. After doing some data logging I would see my rpm's would jump to 16,000. Crank sensor voltage would jump up as well. My filter level was set at 2. I tried 3 without any change. So I got a honeywell gt101 halleffect sensor and wired that up (really easy to do with the long harness) I would get rpm for the first 10-15 seconds cranking then it would go away. Some times it would start the car runs fine. One time it let me sit. But the car did run very good with the sensor for the short time It worked. I was scoping the crank senor this moring and the signal just goes away. So the sensor is faulty.

I just orderd a new toyota crank sensor. My question is would a bad crank sensor cause a spike like I was seeing or do they drop out? I am using the long harness so the trigger wires are sheiled and I have made sure they don't go near the large starter/alt wire.

· DoRi?
1,064 Posts
Hey i know this dosent answer your question. But i have a s13 as well with a 2jz swap and want to know whst you think about the haltech. Also what are you using for speed sensor?

· Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I had an electromotive tech II runing it before and never had an issue with it other then it being an older system. The haltech is light years ahead but I got these issues to sort out.

My speed signal is a sensor marlin crawler sells that bolts onto the cable output on the tranny.

· DoRi?
1,064 Posts
Really? Hmmm im using the tech2 dakota box. Im shopping for a ems right now and was looking at the haltech. As far as software do you like he tunability? Like the range of options you have?

· Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can say the haltech is the best standalone for the money. If it is going into an 240sx get the long harness and make your own engine harness. The Plug + play will work with the 2jz harness but you have to redo some of the relay setups.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.