Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is this a system that most any tuner has worked with(ie: is it very well known)? What are some of the drawbacks? Anyone here run it? How do you like it? Something that is user friendly?
thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
4,435 Posts
From what I have "heard" it's similar to AEM's EMS with more datalogging features. Someone with some actual experience and seat time can correct me or add to what I said. I see you live in VA. I would contact Brad Brooks and see what he has to say

·
Registered
228 Posts
I run this is with FD, very nice system. Get the E8 if your looking. There is a guy selling one on rx7club.com with everything u would need to install it. Haltech has also released a self tune program that you can load on to the system. And tune your self. The Ecu will do the work and sort out your AFR's nice huh. Also have lots of out puts for injection, nos, etc what evere u wanna run u can run on it even A/C. it also has one of the highest bit persecond for data logging (200) . If you have any question i will try and answear my best. I have been dealing with haltech many years now. Below is what the guy is including. here is the link but you may need to be a member.

http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=650047

Haltech E8 ECU
Flying Lead Harness
Haltech Boost Controller
Connector Pack (has every connector for anything)
Sensors (Air, Water)
4 LS1 Coils w/Igniter Built in (not in picture)
Serial Cable for PC
Haltech Manual w/Halwin Software

All New in box, with the exception of one coil. 3 Are used, 1 is new.

Asking $1650 for the whole set, shipped, paypal fee's covered.

it is pretty user friendly if you have some clue about cars and such. Its very easy to navigate and figure out what you wanna do. any reputable tuner that knows howuning it to tune should be fine tuning it.

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The more I read about this system the more it seems like one of the better options out there
thanks for the great info!

·
Registered
327 Posts
I would not get an E8 for a Supra, IT lacks the I/O to run everything in sequential.

E11V2 is the way to go, in the Haltech line for a I6, direct fire car.

·
Registered
228 Posts
The E11 is the ultimate. If you have the money go for it, I maybe able to get you one at a great price. If your interested let me know. The haltech is a great system to use.

Oh ya with haltech u have soo many options like antilag, 2 step, etc

·
Registered
327 Posts
One of the things I don't like about the Haltechs are that the closed loop AFR options don't have a map. Its basically one setting. So you can't say target 14.7:1 at idle, and 15.5:1 at cruise. You can only enter 1 AFR tracking target for the entire map.

Other than that, and a few little nit-picks, I really like the E11v2.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Haltech

I run the Haltech E-11V2 on my Supra, runs great....

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am looking for the cheapest haltech, I dont need anti-lag, 2 step or none of that stuff. What is a good price for the lower end units? I allready have my WB, so I dont really even need that as an option

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What is differnt with the E-11v2?
If all I want is a computer to controll my fuel/timing could this work for me? I dont need any of the "extra's" other than datalogging, which this one has
thanks

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
One of the things I don't like about the Haltechs are that the closed loop AFR options don't have a map. tracking target for the entire map.

Closed loop AFR does have a map.

·
2JZA70
2,537 Posts
What is differnt with the E-11v2?
If all I want is a computer to controll my fuel/timing could this work for me? I dont need any of the "extra's" other than datalogging, which this one has
thanks
Its the only unit that will run full sequential on a 6 cylinder. It wont make much of a difference power wise but it is important for driveability and how smooth the engine will feel.

·
Registered
6,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
full sequential meaning non wasted spark?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Yes, no more waste fire ignition. I ran a Haltech E-6X (waste fire)before the E-11, the E-11 runs so much better.

·
Registered
722 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Is the waste-fire system really that much of a detriment? I have an AEM, but if im really missing out, i would make a switch...

·
Registered
327 Posts
Waste fire itself isnt bad if the system is designed for it..I.E. an ignitor/coil setup that is meant for it.

The supra ignitor is not waste-fire friendly due to being a 'smart ignitor'. Thats why we need the DLI when you put an AEM in the car.

A stock supra ign can do 1000hp IF its setup to be direct fire.

With a GOOD CDi, it also becomes a non-issue (Autronic R500, M&W, etc)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Closed loop AFR does have a map.
My apologies... I see that now in the software.

Out of curiosity... do you have extensive experience with the E11v2? How would you stay it stacks up against the Autronic units (if you have experience with those as well)

Is the E11v2 a 'stable' platform like the E6K. I have read mixed reviews regarding its buggyness. Maybe those are in the past?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts