Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hamann, the same German aftermarket house that created a 673-hp Ferrari 599, has turned its tuning attentions to a milder coupe, BMW's Z4 M. The result is the Hamann Z4 M Coupe Renn Taxi.

They haven't posted the specs, but it looks like a car made for people who wear helmets. Changes include aluminum accessories inside, along with Recaro racing buckets with 6-point harnesses. Outside, larger, slotted discs -- the rears perhaps fed by intakes behind the sills -- a roll cage, and some serious engine bay stiffening complement the aero add-ons. Hamann's last Z4 M workover only upped the horsepower by a paltry fifteen. We would hope they haven't made the same mistake this time.

·
Former Moderator
3,785 Posts
Honestly, from the looks of this car, it has been built for some SERIOUS g-force action. I don't even care about HP (did I really say that?) if it hangs on the tarmac as good as it looks to be...

-Olivier

·
Saved
643 Posts
Seriously. That thing looks like a road racing beast. I wish there was an engine bay shot. The chassis is probably stiff as anything. Good job Hamann!

Josh

·
Who's the Master?!
4,073 Posts
Wow. I don't even really like the stock Z4 coupe, but this is awesome. I love the body mods, but the suspension/body stiffening mods sound even better. I'm not really digging the mismatched brakes (both calipers and rotors) and the headlight covers look like something Prince designed (though they don't really bother me), but everything else is on point.

·
Nothing
1,491 Posts
I've been a fan of M Coupes for a while. Lighter weight, same or more power. Better handling for the track. Incredible.

·
Saved
643 Posts
Wow that chassis is stiff as a brick. I bet that rear cross brace really helps with the hatchback design of the car. Man this thing is MEAN. I love it!

Josh

1 - 11 of 11 Posts