Supra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this via faceboook groups. I recently found one of these OEM but this looks slick. It would be nice if it had an "access door" for changing the oil but with most folks relocating their oil filters and such it's a minor complaint.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
145 Posts
This is pretty neat, I thought about it but my intercooler hangs a bit low. Also, I'm wondering what would happen in a frontal crash? Like would it just slice the tires or would it crunch and springboard itself away to other cars?

May end up making one out of fiberglass, and only for the main middle section.

If anyone gets this though, would love to see their installs to see how they worked it into their car with different mods they have.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Found this via faceboook groups. I recently found one of these OEM but this looks slick. It would be nice if it had an "access door" for changing the oil but with most folks relocating their oil filters and such it's a minor complaint.

View attachment 276879
We had kicked around the idea of a access door for the oil filter, but with so JZ swaps it would need to have two options. If we have interest in that though I'm defiantly willing to add one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sort of $$Pricey$$$ too but I do think it's neat and I haven't seen anyone else make one of these. I have something like this on a few of my cars and I really enjoy it.
I had raised the price to stop the flow of orders a bit. I was expecting 4 or 5 and got 20. As soon as we get this batch shipped out you will see them go on sale.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Nice piece. Great to see this option coming to market.

I'm not in a position to order at this time, but glad to know you're making stuff for our cars!

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is pretty neat, I thought about it but my intercooler hangs a bit low. Also, I'm wondering what would happen in a frontal crash? Like would it just slice the tires or would it crunch and springboard itself away to other cars?

May end up making one out of fiberglass, and only for the main middle section.

If anyone gets this though, would love to see their installs to see how they worked it into their car with different mods they have.
It will still work with most low hanging intercooler piping...Most of the cars that we have tried them on have pretty low IC pipes. As far as a crash, I would think it will fold up pretty easy. Its flat sheet aluminum with two bend that will make it ack like a accordion, but hopefully we will never find out.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I had raised the price to stop the flow of orders a bit. I was expecting 4 or 5 and got 20. As soon as we get this batch shipped out you will see them go on sale.
The stock piece has been unavailable for a while. I’d expect order rates to be high for a while as word spreads to more people.

Always happy to see more vendors supporting our old platform especially with parts that are hard to come by.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The stock piece has been unavailable for a while. I’d expect order rates to be high for a while as word spreads to more people.

Always happy to see more vendors supporting our old platform especially with parts that are hard to come by.
@crypton2006 this is one of the main reasons I put this on the forum, not to overwhelm you but I know there's interest in this product. You take your website plus the forum and you add it up and BOOM you got SEO, instant business traffic.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts