Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Got Cat??
Joined
·
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to let you guys know that I just test fitted Hams 1jz manifold with my Full race modded GT40R turbo and it fits flawless. Hopefully soon I will have some dyno results when I get my standalone/car wired up.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,588 Posts
pics or shens
 

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
Joined
·
6,015 Posts
Hams doesnt have a manifold. You mean the Chinese made manifold.
Please post pics though. Always nice to see a nice new single conversion. :drool:
 

·
1JZ BLING
Joined
·
2,604 Posts
btw pete, hows your single running??? i havent heard any update news from you.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,443 Posts
PM-Performance said:
Hams doesnt have a manifold. You mean the Chinese made manifold.
Please post pics though. Always nice to see a nice new single conversion. :drool:

'themz sounds like fightn words' he he

lets see some pics
 

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
Joined
·
6,015 Posts
David_rg79 said:
'themz sounds like fightn words' he he

lets see some pics
No them sounds like the words of someone who actually tells the truth.

Hey Jon, Its going well. ive been driving it around. Me and Josh were doing tuning on it today actually. I think trying to use this autotune function with the EMU is sending goofy signals to my wideband and screwing things up. Im discoing it this week to try and tune without it and see if it cleans my maps up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
986 Posts
CressFromHell said:
Just want to let you guys know that I just test fitted Hams 1jz manifold with my Full race modded GT40R turbo and it fits flawless. Hopefully soon I will have some dyno results when I get my standalone/car wired up.
thats wuts up kev!

i just got back from ATL so im gonna go play around with my car some more to see if i can stop the engine from flooding with fuel. if i get thru with it, im gonna pass by and check out your car.

i was just tellin marcos yesterday, it will be very interesting to see you guys line up this summer, 2 big single cressidas goin at it! i guess we might have another 1jz vs. 7m. of course ill be watching from the sidelines with my stock twins. who knows though, i might cancel the paint job/wheels/suspension n brakes and just go straight performance =)

if marcos is around the way today, ill ask him to pass by your car so we can take some pics and post it for you.

daniel
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,500 Posts
PM-Performance said:
Hams doesnt have a manifold. You mean the Chinese made manifold.
Please post pics though. Always nice to see a nice new single conversion. :drool:

what do you mean? he made a set of mannies a while back. i have one as well. hams, care to chime in here?
 

·
Republican
Joined
·
8,421 Posts
Wansnt Hams mani the same as trev's which turned out to be a cheap japan version?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,500 Posts
I would like to hear from HAMS. If I paid $600 for a manny that he got off ebay for $200, after I asked him directly "Is this one you are making, or one of those TREV/Ebay mannies", and he said it was one he was making, I will extremely ANGRY. I have no reason to doubt him, but lets wait for a reply.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,443 Posts
PM-Performance said:
No them sounds like the words of someone who actually tells the truth.

Hey Jon, Its going well. ive been driving it around. Me and Josh were doing tuning on it today actually. I think trying to use this autotune function with the EMU is sending goofy signals to my wideband and screwing things up. Im discoing it this week to try and tune without it and see if it cleans my maps up.
i was jokin...hence the spelling
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,588 Posts
hamms had a mani made by the tiwanese based company Stryder which he used to copy from and make better manifolds out of 321SS, as opposed to the 304SS Stryder was using, with a better wastegate design and sold them to people on the forums.
 

·
Republican
Joined
·
8,421 Posts
Pete_Howard said:
I would like to hear from HAMS. If I paid $600 for a manny that he got off ebay for $200, after I asked him directly "Is this one you are making, or one of those TREV/Ebay mannies", and he said it was one he was making, I will extremely ANGRY. I have no reason to doubt him, but lets wait for a reply.

from what I understand... they bought them directly from the manufacurer... not off e-bay... then again I'm not POSITIVE...

wanna post a pic of the mani you recieved...?
 

·
Republican
Joined
·
8,421 Posts
JonnyRedline said:
hamms had a mani made by the tiwanese based company Stryder which he used to copy from and make better manifolds out of 321SS, as opposed to the 304SS Stryder was using, with a better wastegate design and sold them to people on the forums.

So hams manifold is just a normal japanese one made out of better materials...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,588 Posts
AFAIK yes
 

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
Joined
·
6,015 Posts
Yes Hams manifolds are Stryders manifolds.
Hams tells people he made his own using that design, but he apparently lied.
I have caught him in many ways in the lies and Stryder flat out told me he sells many many manifolds to Chris (Hams).
Plain and simple, trusting someone with a big name on the forums made me pay $600 for a $200 manifold I coulda got on ebay.
Others have been shafted by him on other things too. But I wont mention names.
But he is a nice guy, dont get me wrong. But he flat out lied.
My fabricator looked at it and flat out said its 304SS and not 321SS then I decided to dig deeper and found out more of his fabricated lies about the issue.

matter of fact here is an email from him.


--- "Stryder (Thailand) Co., Ltd." <[email protected]> wrote:

> Question for item #7981484604 - 1JZ-GTE Turbo
> Exhaust Manifold T4Hi,
>
> Thanks for your email, my apologies for the delayed
> response due to our offices only re-opening today.
> We don't offer any express warranty on cracking or
> things like that, we do however replace if the
> manifold is defective (ie. doesn't fit the head
> etc.). These manifold are made from 304 SS. Yes,
> I've sold quite a few manifold to Chris Hamilton in
> the past. I would think if the pictures are on our
> website, they would originally have been our shots.
> Sorry, don't actually have any installed pics,
> thanks.
>
>
> Regards,
>
> Marc Steeb

In closing, from everyone here at Supraforums. . . . Chris, you are welcome for your 71mm Stroked 1.5JZ. :madjerk:
 

·
Republican
Joined
·
8,421 Posts
BERRRRRRRRRRRRRRY intresting
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
341 Posts
Damn that sucks, I know the feeling. I bought one of Trev's for his price and found out later what it really costs.
 
1 - 20 of 152 Posts
Top