Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how is your car coming along? did you dyno yet?

well mine is very close to being done, driveshaft is done for the 6spd and i changed a few OEM parts. i put in a new powersteering rack, tranny mount, diff mounts, etc... going to pick it up this weekend and finish up everything so i can have my downpipe made.... then its will be start up time...

i still have to mount my tires and i still want to repaint it, but i may wait a few months before i do that. i really miss driving it. plus i got somethig in the mail today so i have to remake my intercooler pipe again.. :bigthumb:

dun dun dun......

·
Newbe....I know nothing!
1,853 Posts
That intake manifold will not fit in a MKIII and a 2jz without alot of work. I test fit a Veilside we had laying around in the shop on my car and it did not fit at all. The rear 1/4 of it hits the booster so bad that you would need to take off alot of the plenumb or remove the booster all together. I also test fit a greddy last weekend and it did not fit at all ether.

I just wanted you to know so you are not suprised,

Jeremy

p.s. good luck, looking great.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Turbo Drifter said:
That intake manifold will not fit in a MKIII and a 2jz without alot of work. I test fit a Veilside we had laying around in the shop on my car and it did not fit at all. The rear 1/4 of it hits the booster so bad that you would need to take off alot of the plenumb or remove the booster all together. I also test fit a greddy last weekend and it did not fit at all ether.

Jeremy

is this on stock mounts though? what are the chances of it fitting with the aap semi solids?

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
2jzMK3 said:
how is your car coming along? did you dyno yet?

well mine is very close to being done, driveshaft is done for the 6spd and i changed a few OEM parts. i put in a new powersteering rack, tranny mount, diff mounts, etc... going to pick it up this weekend and finish up everything so i can have my downpipe made.... then its will be start up time...

i still have to mount my tires and i still want to repaint it, but i may wait a few months before i do that. i really miss driving it. plus i got somethig in the mail today so i have to remake my intercooler pipe again.. :bigthumb:

dun dun dun......

It's running great so far. I'm boosting to 16psi right now and it's pretty nice. The only issue I've had so far is that I melted my speedo cable to the downpipe... DOH! Other than that, the car is running fantastic.

No dyno's yet, just haven't had any time honestly. I barely got the damn thing running in time to move.

Keep me up to date on that manifold. I think the stocker is going to be a limiting factor for me.

- Chris

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
stocker is good for 800rwhp on 2JZ's.

·
Newbe....I know nothing!
1,853 Posts
jz_n_it said:
is this on stock mounts though? what are the chances of it fitting with the aap semi solids?
I have semi solid mounts that I made, they look the same as the AAP ones.

Jeremy

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
BigTSetter said:
Perhaps, but the stock unit leaves hp on the table, and the 1JZ plenum is smaller than the 2JZ. I think it's likely good to 600, beyond that it will limiting power... Who knows, it's never really been tested though.

·
Premium Member
6,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Turbo Drifter said:

Jeremy

already test fitted. didnt have to many problems, but we will see.. the only thing i will have to do is relocate the fuse box...

dont worry i will take pics.

·
Premium Member
6,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BigTSetter said:

im going for more than 800whp.. but i dont have a stock intke right now either, but still wat to go a little bigger.

·
Registered
794 Posts
The stock 1j intake manifold can do more than 600whp without restriction. It has been done. TUNING is the key (or atleast that's what the person told me).

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
HamsMKIII said:
Perhaps, but the stock unit leaves hp on the table, and the 1JZ plenum is smaller than the 2JZ. I think it's likely good to 600, beyond that it will limiting power... Who knows, it's never really been tested though.
I "think" that it will do more. But, yes it will start to be a factor b/c i Highly doubt it was initially intended to provide adiquite amount of air when you're pushing past 600.

·
Premium Member
6,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i thikn the 1jz manifold will flow more than 600, but i dont know how much more.

·
Premium Member
6,638 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
HamsMKIII said:
It's running great so far. I'm boosting to 16psi right now and it's pretty nice. The only issue I've had so far is that I melted my speedo cable to the downpipe... DOH! Other than that, the car is running fantastic.

No dyno's yet, just haven't had any time honestly. I barely got the damn thing running in time to move.

Keep me up to date on that manifold. I think the stocker is going to be a limiting factor for me.

- Chris

yea i know what you mean, i have been busy over here to, but work is starting to slow down a little so i can focus on the car again for a little while.
plus i am anxious to put on this intake... hope it fits :x:

·
i <3 supra
1,254 Posts
keep us all updated, i have a intake mani like that but im debating if i want to put it on or not, dunno if its gonna fit

1 - 15 of 15 Posts