Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Escaped from infinite lag
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well before I take the car to the shop I want to give tihs one more try.

1. Brand new fuel system
2. AFPR shows 35psi on gauge so all fuel components are working.
3. checked connection from coil pack and thats good.
4. set the timing to what i think is right (everything lines up)
5. checked the resistance on the AFM and its withing spec.
6. checked the resistance on TPC but i couldnt make out what it was supposed to be

My question why does the car crank and sputter then die.

If I get the car sputtering and play with the gas peddle aka floor it then let off but very quickly then the car will kinda sputter for longer and I can keep the rpm jumping up from 500 to 1000rpm.

Maybe my wideband is broken but its reading off the scale lean.

Let the ideas flow, and no newb stuff I've built this car from the ground up so I know what I have checked is checked

·
Supra Fan
4,115 Posts
You didnt mention wether you checked your codes . :dunno:

·
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The compression is a good idea but last year before I put it away I showed 14# accross all cylinders. The codes are a bit of a misnomer because the car has some of the japanese sensors and I didnt quite no what year the engine was from so I paired an 89- ecu with an 89- harness and plugged everything in. I know that I have an EFI water temp sensor error, but would that prevent the car from running it never did in the past?

I was thinking maby bad coil, igniter, or somthing that would actuallyprevent the car from running.

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
The compression is a good idea but last year before I put it away I showed 14# accross all cylinders. The codes are a bit of a misnomer because the car has some of the japanese sensors and I didnt quite no what year the engine was from so I paired an 89- ecu with an 89- harness and plugged everything in. I know that I have an EFI water temp sensor error, but would that prevent the car from running it never did in the past?

I was thinking maby bad coil, igniter, or somthing that would actuallyprevent the car from running.
if your ecu water temp sensor is bad or not hooked up etc it WILL make the car VERY hard to start....and then it will have problems running until its warmed up.

why not just fix that?

·
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
true.... for the cost i should just get the proper parts. Okay I'll get that replaced, but I havent had problems in the past? Ill check more codes later.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts