Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty..

What the heck do the HKS hardpipe kits do anyway? Does it just make the engine bay look nicer?

Also, if I were to upgrade to a front mount IC, would I be able to use the HKS hardpipe kit? I've heard somewhere that they dont go together.

Lastly, I've heard of BOV's being welded onto the hardpipes. Again, if I were to go with a FMIC, then where would the BOV go?

Thanks.
-Brian.
 

·
BPU is so 1997
Joined
·
5,349 Posts
It doesn't matter where the BOV goes on the pipes.

Hardpipes just look nicer. They still pop-off, although not as often.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
532 Posts
LowerJerZey said:
I heard hardpipes are better than stock because they don't balloon when the pressure increases.
he's rite, your using your boost more effieciently since its not being used to expand the stock rubber hoses. i would also think that boost would come on just a tad sooner too. if you buy a hardpipe kit, they usually come with pipes. so if youre gonna get a fmic soon, then dont buy a hardpipe kit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
aznsupra said:


he's rite, your using your boost more effieciently since its not being used to expand the stock rubber hoses. i would also think that boost would come on just a tad sooner too. if you buy a hardpipe kit, they usually come with pipes. so if youre gonna get a fmic soon, then dont buy a hardpipe kit.
Cool..

So rather than spend like $400 on the hardpipes kit, spend the extra $600 on a small FMIC?
 

·
BPU is so 1997
Joined
·
5,349 Posts
MoogieBoogie said:


Cool..

So rather than spend like $400 on the hardpipes kit, spend the extra $600 on a small FMIC?
If you're gonna fork out the money for a stock twins intercooler such as the GReddy 3 row, think hard about if you ever intend on going single. The 3 row can be used for smaller singles such as the SP60 but that is about it. For larger turbos, I suggest the 4 row or the HKS Type R.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
badmuthrfkr said:
It doesn't matter where the BOV goes on the pipes.

Hardpipes just look nicer. They still pop-off, although not as often.
Yes they do look nicer. You can use tbolt clamps to ensure they dont pop off. The tbolts could crush the stock piping...

If you dont have the cash for an intercooler, you can buy the hardpipe kit and still resell them for close to what you paid for. after all, they're just PIPES! (Dont scratch them up or no one will buy them)

HKS boasts better throttle response and more hp but I've never seen the numbers...
 

·
You serious?
Joined
·
2,999 Posts
I have the HKS hardpipe kit with a Blitz FMIC, plus my HKS SS BOV is mounted to the hardpipe. I believe that it was welded to the hardpipe actually, so you shouldn't havea problem doing hat you want to do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
256 Posts
badmuthrfkr said:

If you're gonna fork out the money for a stock twins intercooler such as the GReddy 3 row, think hard about if you ever intend on going single. The 3 row can be used for smaller singles such as the SP60 but that is about it. For larger turbos, I suggest the 4 row or the HKS Type R.
Isn't ara running a greddy 3-row with his t-78 setup?
 
M

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
hey Formula1Vendetta


you said your using the hks hardpipe kit in conjuction with the blitz intercooler? doesnt the blitz come with pipes ?
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top