Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pleased to announce my 1993.5 Premier Edition Twin Turbo 6-speed supra with 87,000 miles. Original paint black with tan leather interior. This is a clean California car with all BPU mods done by Rod Millen totaling over $30,000. Mods include:

Brembo Brakes (front)
Vented rotors (front and rear)
HKS mega flow intake
HKS exhaust
Adjustable suspension
C's short shift
RPS Clutch and lightened fly wheel
Silicone hoses
Strut brace
HKS Boost controller
HKS Turbo timer
Piaa fog lights

The car rolls on stock chromees with brand new Good Year Eagle F1s rear and Kuhmos front. 90,000 mile service complete, all fluids changed.

Interior is in great shape, never smoked in. Paint is original with all vins, front bumper needs to be repainted ($400) from rock chips. Clean carfax.

Asking $34,000 obo. NO CREDIT unions I can't deal with the headaches! Pictures later, once it stops raining. Located in Los Angeles

email: [email protected]

·
Neverfollow
379 Posts
CRM33184 said:
tru... looks like 5k at most?
5k might even be pushing it. 30k in mods should be a 1,000 plus car, and this is stock twins. Maybe he did something that he's not listed it yet.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Please read the ad: in 1993 All the mods were done by Rod Millen, read the records. $hit I could do these mods for $1500, but I'm just saying what was done.....NO expenses spared

·
Bad Texan Boy
4,266 Posts
So, you paid over $30k for only BPU mod, right?

·
Turbo Pilot Since 1983
1,116 Posts
Come on guys, so he paid an inflated price for the parts and installation! How much do you think Rod Millen charges for labor and I’m sure they have a hell of a markup on their parts. The Brakes and Clutch will cost over $5K alone! After all this is a hardtop we’re talking about here making it valuable regardless and he has the right to ask the price he wants.

Good luck with your sale!

David

·
Super Moderator
10,496 Posts
Steve Theodore said:
Make him an offer! :)
Might be willing to do this because it's a hardtop, even though I don't want another black Supra, once GOOD pics of all body panels and the entire interior are posted. Answering the following questions would be helpful as well.

Which Brembo brakes, F40 or F50 calipers? Size of rotors? Drilled, slotted or both?

Which HKS exhaust?

Which adjustable suspension?

Which RPS clutch?

Which strut tower brace (I assume front only)?

Which HKS boost controller (there are several marketed)?

More details would be greatly appreciated. TIA,

Ken.

·
Administrator
17,247 Posts
BTW...Ken is a very serious buyer. I've discussed this with him at length on several occasions, and you couldn't possibly find a better home for your car than with him. :)

·
Registered
561 Posts
BamaDave said:
Come on guys, so he paid an inflated price for the parts and installation! How much do you think Rod Millen charges for labor and I’m sure they have a hell of a markup on their parts. The Brakes and Clutch will cost over $5K alone! After all this is a hardtop we’re talking about here making it valuable regardless and he has the right to ask the price he wants.

Good luck with your sale!

David

Guys, so what if he spent $30k on mods? For all of us who had our Supras since 93~95 when they first hit the market, finding ANYONE to work on them was already hard, not to mention when you do find somebody to modify it, you were charged TOP DOLLARS as well. Back in 94, I paid $1k for just a GReddy SP exhaust and $600 for EVC4.....blah, blah, blah...... there are a lots more parts available nowdays for a lot less too. As you can see, this rare HT CA car has low miles and it has all the quality parts(not eBay exhaust......etc) that even Ken H. is willing to look into.......... Get my point???
Good luck with the sale!

Chris

·
Bad Texan Boy
4,266 Posts
Steve Theodore said:
BTW...Ken is a very serious buyer.

So do I :). I'm dead serious to buy any nice black turbo 6 spd. Right now, I only have $25K cash in my hand after my white supra NA got totaled and got the $19.3K from the insurance.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ken, thanks for the ad, I pm'ed you to answer your questions.

-Jay

1 - 16 of 16 Posts