Supra Forums banner
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Administrator
17,259 Posts
There is a lot of bad information on this thread. Feel free to drop by my registry anytime. :)

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
southeastsupra said:
damn now im thinking of getting a hardtop. i was lookin for targa but now yall have changed my mind...... :dunno:
Case in point, please see post #41
:bigthumb:

·
Registered
825 Posts
u r prolly right bro. i have searched for a good supra at a reasonable price and i cant find shyt.......i hope i find one soon cuz i am really getting impatient

·
Very Senior Member
10,067 Posts
SupraMan1990 said:
Targa was the option. The reason that most of them were Targas from my understanding is that almost all Supras were ordered and when you had the kind of money to afford one you usually wanted a targa. Not sure how much the targa option was tho. Anyone have any ideal?
I thought targa was the option as well - they are advertised that way.
However - this sticker posted in mkiv.com says otherwise!
http://www.mkiv.com/specifications/sticker/95_turbo_sticker.jpg

·
Very Senior Member
10,067 Posts
bp0192 said:
hardtops arent that great. i have a hardtop, nice and all with 27K miles on my supra.

but i would trade it for a higher mileage just to have targa.

i mean its sooo much cooler to be able to take the top off.
better trade it to MarkSupra33. I think he would be better off with a hardtop, if you know what I mean. :stickpoke

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
supdawg79 said:
Okay then...Why were practically all the Supra's in Japan hardtops? I'm sure American culture and weather factors into why we had a lot of targa tops and very few hardtops...Same goes for Europe, as most of the Supra's there were also hardtops...
No, almost all euros were targas. I am a European and owned one before moving to the USA, I have seen perhaps 30 TTs there and all were targa. I've only heard of a single euro hardtop.

·
Registered
22 Posts
when i was looking for a supra a while back before i got my hardtop i drove a targa. We had the top off and the reason i didnt get the car was because the car was squeaking. Is that from it being targa and thats the chassis bending? Like do all the targas experience something like that?

·
Registered
533 Posts
twinturbosupra94 said:
i was wonderign how much it would cost to turn a hard top into a targa?

Prepare to be savaged by the hardtop lovers. That thought probably makes Steve T lie awake at night with cold sweats. :)

Even though I'm not a hardtop fan (not worth losing the ability to take the top off for only 60 lbs. on a 3400 lbs. car). I'm not sure why you'd want to. Targas are a lot easier to find than hardtops and are cheaper since hardtops have developed a following.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Australia Calling

I'm finding this an extremely interesting thread.

The Mkiv Supra was not available new to us down here so as we drive on the wrong side of the road we tend to source our cars second hand out of Japan from the Japananese Domestic Market (JDM).

JDM Supras differ significantly to the Supras you guys have as they were aimed at a different market and had to comply with Japanese emission and power output regulations.

Possibly because all vehicles in Japan are speed limited to 180 hmh or 112.5 mph and have cruise control limited to 108km or 67.5 mph (BORING) the JDM Supras have different cams, smaller injectors and lower air flow turbos.

In Japan the Supra Hard Top was most popular and was available long after the Aero Top was discontinued, as a result in Aus we have an abundance of hard tops and very few Aero Tops and as the JDM Aero Top was only available in auto there is now an imerging trend in Aus to convert Auto to 6 speed manual to add value.

·
I'm back!
6,712 Posts
I have had 2 hardtops and driven both and there is a HUGE difference in the structural rigidity of the vehicle with a hardtop.

·
I'm back!
6,712 Posts
twinturbosupra94 said:
i was wonderign how much it would cost to turn a hard top into a targa?

I hope you die. Along with the person that painted their hardtop a different color than the color from the factory. You both can gaysex each other.

·
Administrator
17,259 Posts
Is it wrong that I find this the funniest thing I've read all day?

Steve T.

braddman said:
I hope you die. Along with the person that painted their hardtop a different color than the color from the factory. You both can gaysex each other.

·
Registered
213 Posts
MaliCali said:
yes they are more expensive generally, 93-94 hardtops are what you will normally find, but 95 was the last year in the US for hardtops,.they are a sought after car...

-mike
When you said this were you talking about hardtop TT's. I have a 98 hardtop n/a, and I got it from a reputable dealership right here in Houston.

·
Administrator
17,259 Posts
He meant hardtop TT's. Visit my registry anytime for clarification (if needed). ;)

41 - 60 of 67 Posts